Sign in to follow this  
moss1

FSDT KFLL says outdated in the addon manager all of a sudden

Hey everyone,

Happy holidays to all. 

I just did a short hop from (taxi2gate) KMCO to (FSDT) KFLL. Upon landing at KFLL, I noticed all of the scenery buildings and such have gone missing. When I looked at it in the add on manager, it says my FSDT scenery is activated, but outdated.  

It just so happens that I just reinstalled my QW757 on this machine and it installed a BGXman file ( I think ) which I think caused and older version of the add on manager to be installed???

This is the only scenery thus far I have seen issue with. I also just installed Razbams MetrolinerIII the other day. Thats another story.....

It's been so long since I've had this issue, I forget how to get the scenery back.

Do I redownload the latest stand alone add on manager and reactivate the scenery? I'm not sure and don't want to hose anything further in FSX. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Again, happy holidays! :-)

Best, Jeff

FSDT addons  are high maintenance affair. Its not one of those normal addons where you install and forget about it.

But if you got that message as soon as you loaded FSX then consider that a blessing.  I often get that message after a 3 hr simming and when I am on approach to one of the fSDT airports and I find the airport has no buildings. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

It was actually when I landed and went to taxi to a terminal.... there was none.... a virtual ghost town... Thats when I looked at add on manger inside the FSX menu and noticed it said the scenery is activated but out of date, yet other sceneries were fine and untouched by whatever went wrong.

Just trying to figure out at this point the best way to get things back without screwing up FSX.

Best, Jeff

Hey everyone,

Happy holidays to all. 

I just did a short hop from (taxi2gate) KMCO to (FSDT) KFLL. Upon landing at KFLL, I noticed all of the scenery buildings and such have gone missing. When I looked at it in the add on manager, it says my FSDT scenery is activated, but outdated.  

It just so happens that I just reinstalled my QW757 on this machine and it installed a BGXman file ( I think ) which I think caused and older version of the add on manager to be installed???

This is the only scenery thus far I have seen issue with. I also just installed Razbams MetrolinerIII the other day. Thats another story.....

It's been so long since I've had this issue, I forget how to get the scenery back.

Do I redownload the latest stand alone add on manager and reactivate the scenery? I'm not sure and don't want to hose anything further in FSX. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Again, happy holidays! :-)

Best, Jeff

I think its because they recently updated KFLL, there is a new afcad file that changes the rw numbers, 09L is 10L etc etc, go to there product page and download and install the KFLL exe again.

I think its because they recently updated KFLL,

Why should that break the old one that was working on his PC?  It's like we have an obligation to keep in sync with what FSDT does on its own (even if they are good stuff).

Just trying to figure out at this point the best way to get things back without screwing up FSX.

Just download their latest addon manager and install it.. That should fix it.. This is annoying BS that I have been dealing with FSDT.

No point in even going to their forum and asking for help.. the solution is in constantly downloading their silly addon manager and reinstall...  They are aware of this, but they want us to keep doing this. It is to THEIR advantage we do this. 

Its reached a point where I do not use FSDT as destination airport... I use it only for take off. In fact,  All though I have purchased all their airports, I now regret it, you can use their trial mode for that.. you don't even have to buy their airports.

Manny

I had that issue of vanishing terminal buildings once or twice (also after installing the QW B757), and I was able to solve it by simply installing the most recent version of the standalone addon manager (available from the FSDT website). You could try that as well, Jeff - at least it should not do any harm as far as I am aware.

FSDT addons are high maintenance affair. Its not one of those normal addons where you install and forget about it.

With all due respect Manny, I think its unfair that you always single FSDT out as a provider of problematic addons, when the truth is looking at your post history, you've had issues with just about all your addons including that long thread on FSUIPC where you struggled for days.

Mean while tons of us have no issues with FSDT products. Even though most users dont write a disclosure prior to posting, if you hang around here long enough, you'll notice some users seem to be more prone to problems with addons and FSX than others. But its those with issues that yell the loudest and make it appear some addons are problematic, while those with no issues (majority) remain silent because we're usually busy flying.

Manny you should just uninstall all your FSDT sceneries and save us from having to read your "whoa is me" posts that you always provide when FSDT comes up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have had more issues with Orbx Central falling over at times than FSDT.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Manny you should just uninstall all your FSDT sceneries and save us from having to read your "whoa is me" posts

Tsk Tsk JimBurke!  :P

You know... IT bothers me..Mmmmkk..  I like FSDT Airports..they are awesome!  Thats why inspite of my ######ing and whining, I keep  buying em.  Virtuali is a good  guy.  He doesn't get mad, he patiently explains issues and puts his point across and God bless him for that.

But, this is a source of annoyance that if we don't constantly keep updating, it breaks and that too after a long flight. I have just one day and in that maybe 2-3 hrs of simming time a week. So when I do a long flight and end up on an airport with no buildings, it ruins my whole day. 

BTW, since you brought up my FSUIPC problem... I don't believe I have ever bad mouthed FSUIPC..   :lol:

Manny

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the add on manager and reinstalled it, then loaded KFLL... after sitting at the gate for at least 15 minutes, all scenery is still there now. Weird I did not have to reinstall the scenery itself. I am however, going to install the latest version of the scenery as it still says it's outdated. 

Thanks for the suggestions as it did take care of the issue for now. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Best, Jeff