Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Why was my Could not resist the lure of $13,98 post just deleted?!?!

Ok...I thought about this...and here's my take until someone from AVSIM, and or the person who deleted my entire post and its contents comes forward to offer an explanation:

I am thinking that someone from Carenado contacted AVSIM, a day after the sale ended on their site, and asked that my thread be removed, along with the title: Could not resist the allure of the $13.98 Baron 58  Funny, (if you call a thread deletion, funny...) that it was deleted on the day after the sale... They (conjecture...) might have wanted the sale price embedded in the title, to evaporate, as the sale did....

If this is so, then I think that it is appalling that there could be commercial influences that will dictate what thread is to be publicly made available for viewing and interaction, or a request from a third party for it to be deleted. I took a lot of personal time, to craft and create those screen shots, and the time to upload them to AVSIM.  All that work and time is now gone....along with the entire thread.  Why?

I would request a reason from AVSIM, as to why my thread was deleted. It held nothing offensive, that would require a total deletion from this forum

Jcomm, have you anything to offer, being that you are Moderator within this forum?

Waiting for a reply, and thank you.

Sesquashtoo (the O.P.).

Hi Ses,

The thread was not deleted, but hidden due to the fact that it included mentions to some Baragain sales, and this is not in agreement with the TOS at AVSIM, and here at the X-plane forums mentioned in this pinned topic by Tom.

It wasn't deleted, but it's ready to be moved to the Bargain Hunter Shack.  I will make the move ASAP.

I myself moved a message posted this morning by another forum member, also related to a bargain. Those are the rules and we have to adhere to it.

But, I can perfectly understand that someone who suddenly finds her/his thread missing, feels bad about and tries to find a reason, and this has actually happened to me at least twice here at AVSIM, I would like to point out that moderators never DELETE a thread. At most a thread or post are hidden, before any other action takes place. If something really wrong happens, the OP will most probably be PM'd about it, which was not your case of course beacuse there was really no bad intention on your thread, quite on the contrary! The only probelm was indeed the fact that it was directly connected to a bargain sale.

I hope you understand and accept it, and be sure to follow it, in a few minutes, at the Bargain Hunter's Shack!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Unfortunately, it's now a moot point; the Sale is over... everything's back to regular prices.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

wouldn't it be better to edit the tittle instead of hiding the whole post?Or even ask the author to edit the contents?

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yes Carlos it would, but "Edit" functionalities are limited to a time period. As you probably know, after posting your post is editable for a while ( not more than a couple of hours I believe... ) but after that, editing is no longer possible.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

wouldn't it be better to edit the tittle instead of hiding the whole post?Or even ask the author to edit the contents? Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Wouldn't it be far easier to put the burden on the poster to follow OUR RULES??? How about that? Users take responsibility and don't demand explanations because he followed the rules and every body is happy. Wouldn't that be great? It figures that if your post has been hidden or moved, there is a reason for that; our ToS? Want to have an explanation, read the top of the forum and our ToS'. Explanation provided.