Sign in to follow this  
ekollat

PMDG 777 - I'm not able to uninstall!

Hi, 

I have been fighting with my computer for the last few days trying to get my PMDG 777 to work. Initially, I had a problem with my sound not working, so I thought I would reinstall the product. However, I came into some errors and decided to delete some of the PMDG 777 files manually. It still doesn't work, and now I'm stuck with a plate of nothing. 

I downloaded the install file again from my PMDG account for the 777. I ran it as Administrator, and it comes up with either Modify, Repair, or Uninstall. I have tried all three of these, but none of them work. I have contacted PMDG Support via their website, and the representative really doesn't know a lot about the problem either (neither do I, the problem seems strange). 

Modify

When I try to modify the plane, I come up with a Catastrophic Failure message. Here's the image: 

cnBrtNR.png

After I press OK on that "Feature Transfer Error" message, I get this error:

RnIGKb1.png

After pressing OK on that, the setup closes out completely. 

Repair

When repairing the plane, I actually get an error message. Here's the message: 

WXDpMKl.png

After pressing OK, the setup terminates. 

Uninstall

When choosing Uninstall, the setup doesn't even go too far into itself. After about 15-20 seconds of it just sitting there with barely anything on the progress bar, I get a Navdata parameter issue with the Feature Transfer Error problem again. Here's the error message: 

uScHxq2.png

After clicking OK, I get this error again:

AaRsDN9.png

The PMDG Support representative recommended me to run the installer as Administrator (which I did), and also remove everything in the AppData/Local/Temp location, which I also did. He also recommended me to disable my firewall, and I did that as well. None of this worked. I can't seem to find anything online about it either. 

As I explained at the top, I manually removed some of the PMDG 777 files because of these problems. I tried to take out the DEM folder and let it replace itself. The NavData problem prompted me to remove everything inside the NavData folders and reinstall the AIRAC. That didn't help either. 

I'm eager to get back out and flying, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Eric Kollat

1.Update manual C++ 2005 - 2012
2.Update manually DirectX end-user.
3.Install 777X

Good luck!

However, I came into some errors and decided to delete some of the PMDG 777 files manually

Hope you get your issue sorted  but here lies your issue, pmdg have  stated do not manually  remove files or you risk further problems

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg