Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

What's your WORST Flightsim Payware of 2013?

my worst, most disappointing paywares are:

1- World Traffic for Xplane10

2- SkyMaxx Pro for Xplane10  (clouds look out of place and many issues with real weather...only REX can save XP10)

3- Wilco CRJ for FSX

4- Wilco Airbus Evolution vol.2

5- BBS A330

Oh, this is just asking for trouble.......  :P 

(Searches for popcorn)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This is just asking for trouble....... :-)

(Searches for popcorn)

Is this seat taken?

(Shares Armrest)

• Justflight Airbus 318 (I uninstalled it and I don't really remember the details why anymore)
  • Wilco Airbus 380 v2 (reverse thrust on all four engines, different L/G indications in the 2D cockpit from the VC, during taxi electrical power gets lost if not APU left on, sub-par soundset, some indications on the PFD are really off - I still fly it "for the fun of it", though)
  • dbs Studio Airport GPS (loses "airport focus" during taxi, suggests taxing via runways despite nearby parallel taxiways)

P.S.: The Wilco Airbus Evolution Series vol. 2 isn't that bad, IMO!   :lol:

Edited by olli4740

That's got to be some kind of record. RISK OF CLOSURE in only three posts. Let's not let this get out of hand guys. It's fair to say what your least favorites are, but do yourself and the community (not to mention the vendor) a favor and explain WHY YOU FEEL THAT WAY. Just slamming products without explanation will get this topic shut PDQ.

BleedAir and Olli, you need to provide explanations for your choices.

I don't have a worst.  The only payware aircraft I bought was the A2A Cessna 172, and it's pretty darn good.  Lessee, I also upgraded AccuFeel to version 2 and replaced my UPS.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The thread title should not have been WORST payware, rather REGRETTED payware. Of which I have a bundle. None of them because they are intrinsicly BAD, but because I don't fly the aircraft or fly to/from the airport.

Now if you asked for the BEST(Well, you started with the caps) payware I would have a job knowing where to start.

Was that alright Staff? :P

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Was that alright Staff? :P

You didn't blow the thread up Ron... Good Job!!! :Applause:

I rarely regret any of my purchases.  However, my credit card, my bank account and occasionally my wife, all feel differently about the topic than I do!  ^_^ 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I HATE THE PMDG T7. IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST ADD-ON I HAVE EVER BOUGHT AND SHOULD BE 90 CENTS INSTEAD OF 90 DOLLARS!! (Nuclear meltdown of avsim in 3...2...  :biggrin: )

In all seriousness, the one purchase that I regret the most would be Traffic 360 from Just Flight. I bought it for only $7 on sale, but even at that price I am regretting it. The flightplans are largely made up (US airports do not see the regular bank of night departures to Europe and Midwest Connect seems to be based at Detroit instead of Milwaukee, for example), the models look pretty bad to me, and altogether WOAI and other freeware AI traffic is much better. 

(I was joking about the T7, of course. I do not have it yet, but I have been seriously considering it for a while).

I love the plane but hate the throttles of aerosoft airbus extended x after I got fsupic the throttles no longer work. So I don't know if I regret the plane or fsupic it was my favorite for a long time but now no matter what I do I can't get the throttles working

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I love the plane but hate the throttles of aerosoft airbus extended x after I got fsupic the throttles no longer work. So I don't know if I regret the plane or fsupic it was my favorite for a long time but now no matter what I do I can't get the throttles working

Assign the throttles via FSX, not via FSUIPC. And run the Airbus Configurator to determine single throttle, or dual throttle configuration.

Assign the throttles via FSX, not via FSUIPC. And run the Airbus Configurator to determine single throttle, or dual throttle configuration.

I have a custom throttle quadrant the requires fsupic the throttle quad works great with the NGX and 777 but the a320 acts like its not there

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Oh yea, definitely anything from ORBX, PMDG, REX, Carenado. Terrible products   :lol:  (Sarcasm)

I rarely regret any of my purchases.  However, my credit card, my bank account and occasionally my wife, all feel differently about the topic than I do!  ^_^

I'm with Jimmy, I research a lot before I buy and enjoy everything, just some I enjoy more then others as I get into personal preferences, but the quality from those company's I mentioned above are excellent.

I also have to be careful with my spending   :ph34r:

Matthew Kane

Aerofly FS -- Buying it from Just Flight with Steam as the only option it's sold under is still not my favorite way to go (I know some swear by Steam).  Also the sim has to grow, having a basically dead VC the ability to land an F/A-18 on water and the limited geographical area.  The Just Flight releases leave allot to be desired as well in the eyepoint and flight dynamics department.

Now I'm saying all this as a person who actually likes this sim but since we are isolated to 2013 that's all I could think of that kinda fits the topic.  :wink:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2