Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

What's your WORST Flightsim Payware of 2013?

For me (well, I only purchased 4 addons in 2013), the one I regret is FSPS - Multicore Environment Advanced: it halved my FPS! Well, it was only €2.50...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Umm... If I dropped my teeth into the toilet, I can't really see wanting them back.

Umm... If I dropped my teeth into the toilet, I can't really see wanting them back.

Tv interview, biz meeting, Romantic rendezvous, A mates wedding, your own wedding....the list is endless. At least there would be an excuse for talking sh#t all night for a change

ZORAN

I buy a lot of stuff  that I regret , but it is mostly my fault .  I'am an old guy who bought his first pc a couple years ago and a copy of fsx.  didn't know a thing about either one. it's been a love / hate thing ever since, but when it works i'am in my own little world.  my motto   too many planes.to many places to fly to. not enough time!   happy flyways.  oldskybum.

Taxi2Gate MMMX - no patches, no support, no more purchases in the future. Uninstalled. Worst airport of nearly 100 I've purchased.

Scott Robinson

MMMX? What was wrong with the actual airport itself?

Taxi2Gate MMMX - no patches, no support, no more purchases in the future. Uninstalled. Worst airport of nearly 100 I've purchased.

There are two patches including a version update, and a forum over at iFlysimX for support???

Research before posting, as the saying goes.

I got a great looking scenery add-on from Thai Creations, Mumbai International.  However, there has been an elevation error that the developer is ignoring.  They use Facebook for customer feedback, but don't seem to care.  Too bad since it's a very niece scenery.  The elevation problem causes runway and taxi way lines to float, and creates terrain spikes in parts of the airport.  I'm not an expert in scenery development, but I'm sure they can fix it easily.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I thought MMMX by Taxi2Gate was really nice scenery. It adds a lot to the fly-in and has lots of detail.

I do plenty of updates and checking of products I have purchased. MMMX operates poorly as delivered and the patches were not available the several times I went. That said, I will check again, but if the solution is disabling UTX to allow MMMX to run correctly, that is a problem I don't have with any other airport scenery designer. So yes, I believe they can raise the bar a bit with this product and I can't endorse it.

Scott Robinson

I do plenty of updates and checking of products I have purchased. MMMX operates poorly as delivered and the patches were not available the several times I went. That said, I will check again, but if the solution is disabling UTX to allow MMMX to run correctly, that is a problem I don't have with any other airport scenery designer. So yes, I believe they can raise the bar a bit with this product and I can't endorse it.

My apologies to Taxi2Gate. In January I think I messed up in the install of MMMX. I have since moved to a fresh install of FSX on a new machine and I agree with the majority of comments that this is a very well done airport. My mistake was not activating the three scenery layers correctly using SCM2004.

The mistake was mine, nothing is wrong with MMMX or SCM 2004.  

So I can say it is one of the top tier sceneries on the market.

Scott Robinson