Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

Can't Close Doors after LR-Turnaround Panel Load

Problem is pretty much described in the title, I load up the aircraft and select the default LR Turnaround option, doing so causes me to not be able to operate any of the doors (Cargo or PAX).

Did a Google search, and a Forum search, couldn't come up with anything. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've tried multiple different liveries, and I can't figure this one out.

Aamir Thacker

Okay, so after a half hour or so of investigating, I've narrowed it down. The initial problem is misleading, it has nothing to do with the panel state.

In any panel state, including the default one, as soon as a door is opened, the options on the FMC change and render me unable to operate any of the doors. 

Pictures attached for reference:

Normal FMC screen when door is opened:

11524935543_39b13de703_o.png

FMC screen 2-3 seconds after the door is opened:
11524796365_f6ba3948ce_o.png

So, I'm trying everything right now, but it's fairly stubborn, any time ANY door is opened, the FMC page changes to the second screenshot, effectively rendering it useless.
Need help, my flying is on hold :(

Aamir Thacker

The exact same thing happened to me this morning, and I don't have a clue what to do. Too bad, but no flying for me for now.

Marc ter Heide

It sucks, I was just about to depart to Dulles from Heathrow as BA217.

I guess I'll submit a ticket to PMDG, but I'm such an impatient derp that I'll end up reinstalling it. I only have a precious few Christmas days to do back to back flights and I was really looking forward to this :(

EDIT: Waiting for Kyle to jump in with: NEVER REINSTALL SOFTWARE UNTIL IT'S ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY BECAUSE IT BREAKS MORE THINGS THAN IT FIXES! USE IT ONLY AS A LAST RESORT!  ^_^

Aamir Thacker

Okay, so I've narrowed down the problem a little.

I've noticed that my doors start acting really iffy when the CPU is overclocked.

When I'm running on stock clocks, etc, the aircraft's doors operate just fine.

Aamir Thacker

I haven't overclocked the CPU. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Marc ter Heide

In the middle of reinstalling the software now with my overclock already applied. I've heard that installing software THEN overclocking tends to break it.

So I've manually OC'd this time, proved it nice and stable (the other one was crashing out IBT it seems), and am now installing the software. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Aamir Thacker

I had this once only. Could never explain it but starting a new flight fixed it.

In the middle of reinstalling the software now with my overclock already applied. I've heard that installing software THEN overclocking tends to break it.

So I've manually OC'd this time, proved it nice and stable (the other one was crashing out IBT it seems), and am now installing the software. Fingers crossed all goes well.

You never ever install new software WHILE overclocked. First you sef the bios back to default then you install software!

Also I find it realy weird that your overclock would cause only door problems. But if you say so and if you can reproduce and fix it with the clock speed.....Ok

One other thing you could look at is to make sure the time on your PC keeps running correctly. All kinds of weird problems have been reported due to an empty CMOS motherboard battery that caused the time to be wrong.

Rob Robson

Okay so as it were, I just took off as BA217, door problems seem to have alleviated for this flight, but I'll need to do a couple of other flights to verify.

The only other adverse effect I've found the OC to have was that it keeps crashing out my FSX everytime the T7's autocruise needs to back down from 8x (this requires a reload, and the reload constantly causes a fatal error.) It used to work absolutely spiffy before this. A real pity, I guess I'll have to work with 4x. I've tried every single UIAutomationCore.dll trick in the book. 

Aamir Thacker

You do know that enough crashes and other overclock related problems can actually ruin/corrupt a perfectly fine system/install right?

You need to find out how to get a stable overclock (this involves a lot of reading/learning) or just stay away from it!

Rob Robson

You need to find out how to get a stable overclock (this involves a lot of reading/learning) or just stay away from it!

My OC survived a 100 passes of IBT, I don't know what else to tell ya. 

You do know that enough crashes and other overclock related problems can actually ruin/corrupt a perfectly fine system/install right?

It's one fatal error in one program notorious for CTD'ing. Everything else is perfectly fine.
Just need to sort this out then I'm 100% satisfied with my install..

Aamir Thacker

UPDATE: Problem has been alleviated. Used a different (read: new) version of UIAutomationCore.dll, replaced it with the old one in the SYSWOW64 and System32 folders, and used the same one in the FSX Root Folder. No more crashing when acceleration ramps down = happy me! :D

Aamir Thacker

I guess Santa needed my plane yesterday, because the problem has disappeared today.

Marc ter Heide