Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjjallen

P3DAssist Released!

4 posts in this topic

SkyPilot Software is happy to announce that P3DAssist for Prepar3d is now available!  

P3DAssist Build 1.00 is built upon the FSXAssist code base with added enhancements specific to Prepar3D which will work for both Prepar3D versions 1.4 and 2.0.

As with FSXAssist the primary advantages of P3DAssist are the ability to dynamically set OS Priorities and Core usage in order to maximize the simulator performance / experience.  Primary to these are a reduction of blurries and a smoother flight.  On a high end machine we once again recommend that you uncheck the safe priorities checkbox to enable a OS priority of RealTime and set your Affinity Mask settings to maximum - 1 for Prepar3D and to 1 for any Addon Applications.  Note we also highly recommend that HyperThreading is enabled in this scenario.

Other advantages to P3DAssist are the flight AutoSave feature and the Crash recovery feature that we no longer can live without.

Finally, since Prepar3D is still evolving, SkyPilot is committed to offering improvements as they present themselves all of which you will get free of charge with you one-time purchase.  

The good thing is that current and future FSXAssist users can use their registration key with Prepar3D and vise versa so your Flight Simulation dollars are spread across 2 products.

Check out the SkyPilot website for further information and we greatly appreciate your business.

Happy Holidays!

Jim Allen 

SkyPilot Software

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Many thanks for this utility. For one particular addon I have to run P3D in legacy mode for which I use the Estonia Migration Tool. This essentially runs a copy of prepar3D.exe renamed as fsx.exe in order to make the addon work properly.

At present I cannot find a way to select fsx.exe as the P3D path when attempting to use P3DAssist. I get a message saying that fsx.exe is an invalid path and hence I cannot use P3DAssist when using P3D in legacy mode.

Is there any way of forcing P3DAssist to accept the executable path as fsx.exe? (I appreciate that it might be hardwired into looking for prepar3D.exe but perhaps a little flexibility could be used here, maybe).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Problem solved! If you go into the P3DAssist installation folder and edit the P3DAssist.exe CONFIG file, then the P3D path can be changed to fsx.exe (for legacy mode in Prepat3D) and then the path is recognized and used when P3DAssist is itself run to open Prepar3D with the desired settings.

All the best for the New Year and I look forward to future improvements in the New Year.

Happy New Year - Glad that you found a solution to your pathing issue.  By necessity FSXAssist / P3DAssist have some hard coded logic to validate file paths.  As you found these checks can be overridden by tweaking the config files directly.   As long as the paths can be resolved FSXAssist / P3DAssist will function normally.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software