Sign in to follow this  
Lawyer+Pilot

REX Texture Direct - Has the Jury Returned a Verdict?

Thanks JesC. I actually have downloaded the trial version of Active Sky and it is impressive. REX textures is next for sure. It looks fantastic! I haven't touched FSX in years but am planning on getting back into the real thing in the next year or so. I've been flying Carenado's Seneca and I really can't believe how realistic it is. - so much like the almost identical aircraft I did my multi-IFR on. This is almost as much fun being in the real aircraft and it only cost me a few $ for the hardware and a few addons. Much better than almost $300 / hour in the a/c. So much fun!

Thanks JesC. I actually have downloaded the trial version of Active Sky and it is impressive. REX textures is next for sure. It looks fantastic! I haven't touched FSX in years but am planning on getting back into the real thing in the next year or so. I've been flying Carenado's Seneca and I really can't believe how realistic it is. - so much like the almost identical aircraft I did my multi-IFR on. This is almost as much fun being in the real aircraft and it only cost me a few $ for the hardware and a few addons. Much better than almost $300 / hour in the a/c. So much fun!

I'm glad you found it helpful.

After more consideration, I'm just a little uncertain about what you are looking for with "grass textures" and thought I should be more clear.  If you are looking for Orbx style 3d grass "tufts", that's not what you will get with REX4. REX4 will only make a couple of options available for the bumpmap, adding some depth and pattern to the airport grass textures. 

Even so I think it will add enough emersion that you will hardly notice grass any longer. And, it won't be interfering with whatever else you choose to install for your airports.

And as far as flying with ASN, I really enjoy the "challenge" of flying in real world weather everyday. Whether clear and calm, fair weather, windy or IFR, I like the day in, day out reality of flying in the world as it actually is.

Whatever your choices I hope you will enjoy the flying!!

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals