Sign in to follow this  
dighost

DX10 Fixer worth it?

I've been away from flight simming-- but just recently got back into it and installed Rex 4 and ASN.  The last piece of the latest upgrade binge appears to be the DX10 Fixer program (or so I think).  I don't have DX10 preview mode selected, and was wondering if it is worth getting this program and setting FSX to use DX10??  I've seen comparison screenshots of FSX in both DX 9/10 modes and to be honest other than some shadow and water shades I don't see a big difference.  Also, worth noting, I use the Shade program.   So should I upgrade this or use the cash on something else?

Thanks!

You don't need to buy the fixer to try DX10.

Besides the visual changes DX10 provides many see dramatic performance boosts.

Apply Steve's fixes from the library and see what changes happen for you.

A lot of this is system specific so what others see may not be what you see.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Dighost, don't take any notice of Jim Skoma , he is still waiting for gas lighting to make a come back. :lol:

Dx10 with the scenery fixer is the way to go IMHO. If you want to see for youself before forking out some dollars, you can try the free ware DX10 tool.

But to get all the benefits, Steve's fixer is the way to go.

Pop into the dedicated DX10 forum here on Avsim, where you will get all the info you need And then you will be able to make a decision.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Use the free fixes as Joe suggested and save your money. You'll get all the benefits of the fixer for free then you can see for yourself. Then see if you want to purchase the Fixer. 

The fixer is the one stop solution i got better performance with dx10

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

If you fly dusk/dawn with some older airport addons that are not compatibile with the free DX10 fixes,

then Steve's fixer is for  you.

It will fix ~99.9% of the airport sceneries and runway lighting for you.

If on the other hand,you fly only during the daylight hours in FSX,then just use the free DX10 downloads from AVSIM.

Personally,for me it was worth the price.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

From what I read, Steve's fixer does a great job, but you can apply most of the fixes manually if you want to.

The main reason I have not switched to DX10 is the lack of decent anti-aliasing (using Nvidia Inspector).

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Does this mean I should turn DX10 on? Better performance? My hometown airport (Logan) is FlyTampa, and I don't think DX10 Compatible. :huh:

Looks better, turn on light bloom and get an FPS boost, self shadowing in some cockpits and no more OOM errors for me, what's not to like!!

Wouldn't go back to DX9 now, sure it's early days and devs are fixing a few things so they work fine but it's like a .5 update to your sim.

DX10 Fixer was the WORST thing that could happen to X-Plane 10 for me, and DCS too.

Don't buy it !!!! Stay away from it. It can get even worse if you get crazy and also add to the pack something like FTX Global and, for instance, ASN.

The three together, and a couple of superb aircraft, killed almost all of my X-Plane and DCS flying time - terrible!!!!

Now, in serious mode:  The Fixer represented for me a NEW WONDERFUL SIMULATOR.  I have the smoothest ride of my life, enjoy the greatest graphics effects ever experienced in FSX, and don't really find the time, lately, to start any other flightsim!

Can it be achieved with the free fixes? I really don't know, because I tried to some 6 month ago and gave up, with the end results, and some problems, being rather annoying for me. I'm also a bit lazzy these days, and the fixer does the work for you, and it's clean :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't have Steve's Fixer yet and have been researching switching to DX10.

But I would add that Steve appears to give very active support on the DX10 forum.

B.

you won't regret it, this tool is not only worth it, it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for any serious DX10 simmer! :im Not Worthy: