Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v2 and EZDok Cam compatibility

Before buying P3D v2.0, I would like to know if EZdok 1.17 or whatever the latest version is will work under P3D v2.0? I recall seeing a thread on here that some people were able to get it to work. It's been awhile since I've been on here so would like some help. 

Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Funny you should ask, I just visited a friend who was installing P3D2 and he installed Ezdock without a hassle using the EMT. Seemed to work really well. Not sure if you can get it to work without the migrator, maybe someone else can advise?

Sent from my Mobile thing

There is a version available for P3D V2 in a forum thread (flight1 simforums, EZCA and Prepar 3d)

I installed it without the migration tool. At the moment I have my basic setup including FSUIPC, SPAD, EZCA working well with P3D without relying to migration software.

I had some compatibility problem trying to use the latest Track IR software with EZCA. I reverted to a previous version and it worked fine after.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Thanks Pierre, is this the thread you're referring to?

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ezdok-and-p3d_topic47802.html

Are using EZdok 1.17?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That gets it "working" but without the migration tool you can't run the configurator that configures your airplanes so you don't see only a cockpit in the external view.

Use the migration tool, enable virtual FSX, run the configurator then turn virtual FSX back off. You need to do this every time you add a new aircraft.

Don't forget to also rename the 2 simconnect files in the TrackIR folder as well or EZdok will not work( same procedure as per the install instructions for ezdok)

Mine worked but every time you changed the camera the screen flickered once.. Really annoying.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Fellows,

I can run mine fine w/or/wo EMT running - and I used the configurator and it built aircraft data base fine.

What I found that I initially had to do, was import existing camera sets for each plane I brought up...but only once.

It's been working fine for almost a month, well, since P3d v2 came out.

Tom

Fellows,

I can run mine fine w/or/wo EMT running - and I used the configurator and it built aircraft data base fine.

What I found that I initially had to do, was import existing camera sets for each plane I brought up...but only once.

It's been working fine for almost a month, well, since P3d v2 came out.

Tom

Are you getting screen flash every time you change a camera also? Wondering if mine was caused by my sli/surround setup. Or if others got it also. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Are you getting screen flash every time you change a camera also? Wondering if mine was caused by my sli/surround setup. Or if others got it also. 

Are you sure this isn't because your camera views have a different Zoom value?  If I have one camera at zoom 85 and switch to another set to zoom 90, it will definitely give the impression of a "flash", because the new zoom is applied instantaneously, unlike the camera position change, so I always try to keep it consistent. 

Are you sure this isn't because your camera views have a different Zoom value?  If I have one camera at zoom 85 and switch to another set to zoom 90, it will definitely give the impression of a "flash", because the new zoom is applied instantaneously, unlike the camera position change, so I always try to keep it consistent. 

Yeah because it's using the same cameras I setup for FSX.. I'll re-install it at some other time and explore it further..  At this point I'm just trying to divide and conquer my addons into four piles

Works 100% and stable

Works with the lose of features but stable

Works or works with lose of features and unstable 

Works somewhat and don't trust it yet

EZCA falls into the last category for me right now.. 

styckx,

KingGhidorah is correct.  I have only one camera with a different zoom value, and I also get a ???? flash or whatever we need to call it.  All of my other cameras are same

zoom and are very fluid.

Tom

Just tried.. Nope.. Still does it.. I only have one camera setup so zoom is out of the equation.. I've disbled SLI, etc etc etc... It's still there.. Even copied over my Standard.xml from FSX 

Here is a video of it: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZB4Wl78io

Edit: This guy has the same problem

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427563-screen-flashes-black-w-ezca/

It works great on my P3D V2 setup, without any problems or flashes.

Thanks Pierre, is this the thread you're referring to?

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ezdok-and-p3d_topic47802.html

Are using EZdok 1.17?

Not this on, there is another thread labeled EZCA an Prepar3d that contains the link...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That gets it "working" but without the migration tool you can't run the configurator that configures your airplanes so you don't see only a cockpit in the external view.

Use the migration tool, enable virtual FSX, run the configurator then turn virtual FSX back off. You need to do this every time you add a new aircraft.

Don't forget to also rename the 2 simconnect files in the TrackIR folder as well or EZdok will not work( same procedure as per the install instructions for ezdok)

Yes, you're right. But it works also by copying the ezca camera section from any fsx plane and adding it to the end of each aircraft.cfg IN P3d. Could be long if you have a large hangar but in my case it is managable. I anyway always modify the aircraft.cfg to hide the plane default views and to change the aircraft id for ATC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...