Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Any problems using Windows Control Panel uninstall routine w/ add-ons installed using EMT into V2...

...in the same OS where the same add-on was installed into FSX?  I've encountered serious performance issues w/ FSDT's Hawaiian airports in V2 so would like to uninstall them.  I see them listed in the Control Panel > Program applet so can uninstall them from there if it won't corrupt my FSX install of those.  I unfortunately just noticed those add ons have a new V2 installer which I did not look for first.

When I load flights into the FSDT Hawaiian airports in the Super MD-80 frame rate will be around 50, then very steadily over several minutes they will steadily decline all the way down to 10 w/ the plane just sitting at the gate engines running.  It would seem to me like a memory leak might behave like this or something along those lines.  The other product I installed in that area is the FSGenesis base mesh for Hawaii, so I guess the problem could be cause by that and not the airport add ons.

If you have good or bad experience w/ uninstalling add ons in this context I'd be most thankful to hear from you.  If you're  just guessing, then I'm pretty good at that myself so save yourself the time and effort! 

Cheers & Happy Holidays

ADDENDUM:  ok found the problem on the FSDT site:

virtuali
Administrator
staradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gif

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=80;type

www_sm.gif
xx.gif
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »

We believe we know what causes this. P3D 2 has bug that causes either fps dropping or even its main menu disappearing, when a scenery features a custom runway with an invisible FS8 SDK runway with just lights on top of it. This method is very common and it's working fine in FS9, FSX and P3D V1.

We reported it to LM, and they are hopefully fix it in the next patch.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X