Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Milviz Bell 407 - First Impressions

I've spent some time tonight flying this; I can definitely tell you that this is going to be my new ride for the next little bit. Very well done, Milviz.

First of, although I'm no pilot IRL, this feels very good for a FSX helicopter FDE. Fairly easy to handle, but still requires a well balanced level of control inputs. Feels like a helicopter this size should feel like - not sluggish at all, but not overpowered either. Short of an external FDE or physics addon such as HTR, thIs may just be the best feeling helicopter I've flown in FSX.

I haven't had the chance to go through systems yet, but it looks to give me all the complexity I might want, while also letting me have it load ready to fly if I wish. I haven't discovered if I can load it cold and dark and access a quick start option yet; it looks like the choice from the external manager is either cold and dark or ready to fly.

There appears to be options for RXP integration; I haven't tested that out yet, but I look forward to it. Very nice job done on all the gauges - flying with my view zoomed out to .40 is no problem; I can still read the gauges as well as the digital readouts quite well.

As for eye candy; it doesn't disappoint on that front either. Very nicely textured, I would consider it easily on par with other recent Milviz releases.

I guess you could say that I'm really very pleased. I was looking forward to this release quite a bit, and it seems to live up to any expectations I had.

Now, the only sad part is being on the road for the next several days... I wonder if my wife would let me bring my simming pc with me for the holidays!!!

Edit:

Also, the 498 page Bell Model 407 flight manual is a nice touch.  That said, I found it while looking for more of a product manual, which I didn't find. ^_^  I will, however be copying the flight manual to my phone so I have something to read while away from home!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

B.

I've spent some time tonight flying this; I can definitely tell you that this is going to be my new ride for the next little bit. Very well done, Milviz.

First of, although I'm no pilot IRL, this feels very good for a FSX helicopter FDE. Fairly easy to handle, but still requires a well balanced level of control inputs. Feels like a helicopter this size should feel like - not sluggish at all, but not overpowered either. Short of an external FDE or physics addon such as HTR, thIs may just be the best feeling helicopter I've flown in FSX.

I haven't had the chance to go through systems yet, but it looks to give me all the complexity I might want, while also letting me have it load ready to fly if I wish. I haven't discovered if I can load it cold and dark and access a quick start option yet; it looks like the choice from the external manager is either cold and dark or ready to fly.

There appears to be options for RXP integration; I haven't tested that out yet, but I look forward to it. Very nice job done on all the gauges - flying with my view zoomed out to .40 is no problem; I can still read the gauges as well as the digital readouts quite well.

As for eye candy; it doesn't disappoint on that front either. Very nicely textured, I would consider it easily on par with other recent Milviz releases.

I guess you could say that I'm really very pleased. I was looking forward to this release quite a bit, and it seems to live up to any expectations I had.

Now, the only sad part is being on the road for the next several days... I wonder if my wife would let me bring my simming pc with me for the holidays!!!

Edit:

Also, the 498 page Bell Model 407 flight manual is a nice touch. That said, I found it while looking for more of a product manual, which I didn't find. ^_^ I will, however be copying the flight manual to my phone so I have something to read while away from home!

Thanks for the info! I was looking to buy Atleast one addon helicopter for FSX and this might be the one! If RXP integration for the GNS530 is possible than it might be a done deal!

But as a Noob with helicopters, I would like to ask, do you need rudder pedals for this, or do you use joystick rudder input ?

B.

You can use a stick but pedals are recommended. Rxp integration is available, but not supported. There is no AP in the bird so don't expect the Garmins to "fly" the bird.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I pre-ordered but I haven't receive any emails. Only my PayPal receipt.    

For helicopters I prefer X-Plane... Dreamfoil 407 will be a beast! FSX for airliners...

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

James please pm me.

The dreamfoil 407 is our model.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

James please pm me.

Ahhh, that explains why it looks so good!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

James please pm me.

Crap...

If I had known, I would have waited for the X-Plane version...oh well, back to flying the FSX bird for now!

I liked their AS350 - I'll probably get the 407.  The AS350 is too twitchy for me and my non helicopter controls in XP10.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Alright... update for the FDE and the manual included here:

ONLY USE THIS FDE IF YOU FIND IT NOT SUFFICIENTLY TWITCHY!!!!

www.milviz.com/forsale/mv407update.zip

What a notice! For sure Dreamfoil will rock! The Mv model and the XP FDE by DF... An instabuy!

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Some items that may not be in the XP version but are worth a mention as they were developed for this project , Force Trim , configured to any controller button that allows hands off flight during cruise, fine trim is assigned to controller and keyboard  as well , additionally the Control Stick in the VC is " Live " and can be used with the mouse to fly the aircraft , drag functions steer and various click and wheel assignments adjust pitch , trim and centering.

The Extended VC allows refuelling and preflight checks to include  walkaround verification of control surfaces , exits and cowlings, and when properly trimmed the option of riding as a passenger during the trip as well . 

PS please note engine failure is modeled .

I don't have this one yet, but am tempted to get it :-), for FSX!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This ROCKS!

My first heli in FSX and I'm happy!

I was able to get a handle on it.

Going to need a lot of practice to do coordinated maneuvers and nice landings.

But so far I can fly around and land somewhat ok.

was able to get the RXP gns530 working.

As mentioned it does not give AP functions and could not get it to pop up.

Still, the GNS and its location on panel provided good situational awareness, and I can hand fly any flight plan loaded into it.

Can't wait to try this at night given the dX11 , not to mention I just downloaded FTX Global.

B.