Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Christmas has begun in New Zealand

So it is now 8:30 pm on Christmas Eve, it is currently 18 degrees Celsius outside and raining horizontally because winds are gusting up to 120 km/h in a big big storm, So with that I declare that Christmas has now begun....we may not be getting a white Christmas but I dare not go outside in that storm either. I think I will light a fire on my wood stove instead.

Merry Christmas everyone from New Zealand   :zeland-flag:  

Here is a shot of the storm with my Christmas lights on:

IMG_0554.JPG

Matthew Kane

So it is now 8:30 pm on Christmas Eve, it is currently 18 degrees Celsius outside and raining horizontally because winds are gusting up to 120 km/h in a big big storm, So with that I declare that Christmas has now begun....we may not be getting a white Christmas but I dare not go outside in that storm either. I think I will light a fire on my wood stove instead.

Merry Christmas everyone from New Zealand   :zeland-flag:  

Hi Mathew...

Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

I was in NZ (New Plymouth) Christmas & New Year 1961...we were unloading potash from Vancouver - so we had a white Christmas of sorts - sort of odd feeling in summer there. Had a great time on the beach on Christmas morning.

We are currently suffering stormy weather here - flooding/high winds and plenty of rain. No snow here though. Used to love it - but as the years add up snow and ice are to be avoided at all costs...

Have one on me, in front of the stove. :drinks:

May 2014 be a nice year for you.

Regards

Bill

'Tis the time to be so jolly! (And, apparently soaking wet too..)

Aamir Thacker

Hi Mathew...

Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

I was in NZ (New Plymouth) Christmas & New Year 1961...we were unloading potash from Vancouver - so we had a white Christmas of sorts - sort of odd feeling in summer there. Had a great time on the beach on Christmas morning.

We are currently suffering stormy weather here - flooding/high winds and plenty of rain. No snow here though. Used to love it - but as the years add up snow and ice are to be avoided at all costs...

Have one on me, in front of the stove. :drinks:

May 2014 be a nice year for you.

Regards

Bill

Thanks Bill,

And you as well, 1961 Christmas in New Plymouth would not be too shabby at all. Only reason for our weather is I made the mistake of living in Wellington (on the Cook Strait). Rest of the country is great, right here it is just windy too much.

It is winter where you are so that is just the way it is so light up a fire as well. Ours is going strong right now.

Cheers my friend and may 2014 be a good one for you too.... :drinks:

Matthew

Matthew Kane

Merry Christmas to you and your family Matt. Have a good one mate. All the best...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Merry Christmas to you and your family Matt. Have a good one mate. All the best...

You too Howard my friend...All the best

Matthew Kane