Sign in to follow this  
Blackrat100

Rain clipping

Does anyone else have a problem with the rain coming to an abrupt halt outside the cockpit side windows?

I've not seen it behave this way before but then I've only just started spanning across 2 monitors and I wonder if that's the cause.

It's an annoying little glitch that takes you away from the immersion of flight.

Any ideas would be gratefully received and faithfully applied.

Thanks

W5qn.jpg

Blackrat

Same issue here using a 3 monitor setup with prepar3d v2.

It's an old FSX bug that I hope LM will fix. I haven't yet reported the issue to them though, but we should.

FSX has the same rain issue, this is not a P3D V2 bug. I hope LM has an opportunity to look after it.

Not only rain but snow, hail etc. It is an old issue I'm fsx with several screens... and I am amazed p3d didn't fix it, even in the first version. But I am more amazed that they didn't create another visual fx for the rain using the new dx11 libraries.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Yes this is a bug in P3D version one as well.

The only place this has been fixed is in FSX DX10 with Steve's fixer.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes this is a bug in P3D version one as well.

The only place this has been fixed is in FSX DX10 with Steve's fixer.

gb.

No.. still the same issue.. This is not a shader problem.. is a 3D object problem. They have to substitute it for a larger one... or better, create new particle fx for rain, snow to impact the windshield... But I believe they won't do it.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane