Sign in to follow this  
msagner

Q400 at LSGS/SIR (Sion, Switzerland): IGS 25 not avlbl

I was trying to do the IGS Rwy 25 approach into Sion/Switzerland (LSGS) the other day which is rather challenging with a 6° glidepath.

I found I had to do a visual approach after passing the MASAB waypoint as the IGS 25 localizer/DME (108.35) did not get displayed.

I did several checks afterwards and found out:

* the IGS 25 localizer/DME (108.35) is not received by the Q400 radios

* the Montana VOR (115.85 MOT) 10 nm east of the airfield isn't received either.

Both stations can be received when using the FSX-standard C172, and the PMDG NGX as well.

This is true when using the FSX standard scenery as well as the FlyLogic SION X scenery (the payware uses the FSX stock scenery IGS/VOR).

Using: Windows 8.1, FSX Acc, Q400 1.008

Any ideas appreciated!

Best regards

Michael

The radios in the Majestic Q400 are driven by the FMS AIRAC database, whereas the other aircraft you mention are driven by FSX's internal AFCAD and bgl data.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

yes the frequency is the problem.

I had the same problem now.

For LSGS rw 25 you must use the frequency of the Navigraph db which is 110.70 (instead of 108.35 of fsx)

If you are well configured at ALETO (flaps, speed down) the Q400 flies this spectacular approach very well !

Btw, same thing for LSZA Lugano rw 01: Use 108.90 instead of 111.50.

You can look up these frequencies in the Navigraph\Navdata\airports.txt file

The Vor MOT seems not to be at all in the

Navigraph\Navdata\Navaids.txt file

Guy

You can just look them up in the AIP, they're as per real life providing you have a recent airac cycle.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have the same problem with  the Rotterdam EHRD ILS localizer ILS 24. The default FSX aircraft  see it but not the  Q400. The frequency is the same as FSX in Plan G.

Does the above mean that the Q400 has its own database of frequencies? The above seems to say that there is a file somewhere with the right frequencies for the Q400. Where is this file located and how can I find the frequencies for the Q400?

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Hi,

The Q400 uses the navigational data from NAVIGRAPH:

http://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

Navigraph uses the Real World AIRAC cycles (28 days):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeronautical_Information_Publication

You can also update the data via Navigraph.

As I said already above you can look up the frequencies for an airport

in the  AIRPORTS.txt file of the Navigraph data base.

On my installation it is situated in the  MS FSX\Navigraph\Navdata folder

For EHRD  06/24  I see as frequency :  110.90

Guy

The navdata of the Majestic Q400 are actually stored at

Simobjects\airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\nd.mdb

This is a Microsoft ACCESS data base file.

To consult it you must have MS Access (license) or one of the MDB file readers that you can find on the net (google ".mdb files")

The file I gave erroneously above (Fsx\Navigraph\Navdata)  belongs to The Coolsky Super MD80.

But the data should be the same as they are both coming from Navigraph and correspond to the real world AIRAC cycles. 

Guy

To complete this thread : Best is to use AUTOTUNING for ILS FREQUENCY setting

In ARCDU  push Button corresponing to ILS (Nav1) and then EXP,  then set  FMS AUTOTUNE

When Approaching the Destination AIrport (about 50nm) "ARM APR" and then  "TUNE APR" will appear in the NAV page of the FMS.  Pushing the corresponding button will set the right ILS frequency then AUTOMATICALLY.

Guy

Assuming you are using the Flylogic Sion add on, what has been described above is not quite correct. The FSX .bgl files for IGS25 at Sion is not taken from the FSX scenery files but from the add on scenery files. It cannot be updated by the usual nav aids update (like http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html) and so even though you have up to date Navigraph data, what FSX itself contains and uses does not match. Just use the old frequency 108.35, manually tuned, and you will be fine.