Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Cant close doors via the FMC

I am unable to close or open  the doors via the FMC.

One doors will close if I programme a keyboard short cut in the FMC.

The panel that I start up with is 777 short.

All engines are off, and ground connections are connected with full electrical power.  (Have tried it with the apu running as well)

This has only started happening today.

any ideas?

Aidan

No,

3.4ghz i7

15 gig ram

Geforce gtx 660

Had been working no problems

Yeah, no, mine's been doing the same thing. I've just said forget it and sent over a ticket to PMDG.

Aamir Thacker

Aidan-

I might be incorrect here- but I think we more-or-less suggest ignoring the 777-SHORT panel state file at the moment.  (I need Ryan to weigh in here- as these are not my area of expertise...)

With SP1 we will be replacing all of them in order to make them more robust with a ton of fixes that we have put in place related to state save/load functionality.

With respect to the 777-SHORT itself, I just loaded it and was able to manipulate the doors without any trouble.  (You can reach the cargo doors by using page down/up, if you didn't know.)

We have run into a few situations where folks ran afoul of the MANUAL door control logic while they had an automated turn running...  That is probably the most common door related hiccup we see at support.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I follow the forums here on a daily basis and what I find strange is that I think I read about this problem for the first time in this month.

And all of a sudden more and more people are effected by it who never had the problem before.

Almost sounds like a maintenance problem ;-)

Oh...and I think we were told by Ryan not to use the cold and dark state but Long and Short should be fine.

I use short and long on an overclocked PC and have not had this problem so far.

Rob Robson

I had the same problem as Aidan yesterday. The doors were open (3 cargo doors and the L2 entry door) but would not respond to button pushes on the FMC. Moreover, the FMC seemed to think the cargo doors were closed already (the word OPEN appeared next to the LSKs). I tried restarting FSX, turning electrics and hydraulics on and off but no joy. I had started with the 777 SHORT panel state.  The problem cleared itself about an hour later without any apparent cause, and it has not recurred today.

As a precaution I've saved a panel state with all doors closed, in case it happens again.

Rob

(edited as I'd forgotten to put my name)

Did a flight today and everything has returned to normal.

I am not sure if its linked, but I serviced all systems in case it may be linked to service based failures.

Will keep you posted.

Aidan

Problem recurred today. Startup state was 777SHORT. Tried changing panel state, no joy. Everything went dead. Screenshots showing the doors open and strange configuration of FMC pages:

ALT2024-2013-dec-27-003_zps35de0f5b.jpg

ALT2024-2013-dec-27-002_zps128a44fe.jpgALT2024-2013-dec-27-001_zpsb6bf11fe.jpg

Problem recurred today. Startup state was 777SHORT. Tried changing panel state, no joy. Everything went dead. Screenshots showing the doors open and strange configuration of FMC pages:ALT2024-2013-dec-27-003_zps35de0f5b.jpgALT2024-2013-dec-27-002_zps128a44fe.jpgALT2024-2013-dec-27-001_zpsb6bf11fe.jpg

You tried changing to your saved "closed doors" panel state and even that had doors open?

Where do you have FSX installed, not in the program folder I hope?

(can prevent acces to files or prevent acces to change/write files)

And have you tried with your antivir scanner off?

(ditto)

Rob Robson

I assigned CTRL + SHIFT + 1 to 8 to the L and R doors and 9 and 0 to the cargo doors and keep my fingers away from the door page for now.

Also quite useful if I need the third CDU for other stuff, I just hit the keys if GSX is asking for a door.

You know, I wonder....

I see everybody with this problem seems to be using the 3rd CDU for Doors.

I allways use CDU 2 for everything incl Doors (I fly as FO and have Capt displays turned off) and have not had this problem so far.

Maybe something is wrong with CDU 3.

Have you guys tried another one?

Rob Robson