Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Cant close doors via the FMC

also I experienced this problem, after a flight I opened the doors, reset the route for the consequent flight and when I have tried to close they won't work anymore............THIS IS WITHOUT ANY DOUBT A BUG............solve it in the next sp and all will be ok for me....it could appens.....it is enough to solve the problem and not deny it..... marry christmas to all

Mario

It seems to be in a better mood today. No rhyme or reason to it, exactly the same startup conditions. Same airport, same stand, same aircraft, same livery. Correct indications on the FMC:

ALT2024-2013-dec-28-001_zps101057b8.jpg

Say, you are not misinterpreting the (confusing) DOOR indications of the CDU are you?

Because if you save a panel state with all door closed.....and you get the above CDU page to show look this....then nothing is correct!

For what it is worth, CDU indications are confusing in real life too!

Ofcourse there is no DOOR page in real life, but there are some similar options in the real CDU where the word next to the key select buttons does not mean the current state of the system, but rather what happens if you push on it!

So in you picture here.....all cargo doors are in fact OPEN!

If you push on CLOSE....then the respective door closes (indicated by "closing")

When the doors are closed the LSK will say "OPEN", because when you click on it you will open the door.

Rob Robson

Ok, so thats not it either then.

it probably is a bug like you said before.

I usually start a flight completely from scratch.

So FSX startup interface;

select 777

select weather

select time/season

select airport/gate.

I then end up with engines running at the gate.

Next I select the SHORT or LONG PMDG turnaround panel state.

And 15sec later all is fine.

I must admit I fly less (FSX that is) then most of you, so maybe that is one reason I have not had the problem yet.

Where are you getting this Door problem by the way?

Everywhere or could it be location caused?

Rob Robson

Unbelievable, My door problem started yesterday (short) and Im currently flying with cargo doors open (test flight with passengers lol) and of course shortly after take off there was a cabin pressure warning so followed checklist and now we are all required to wear oxygen masks and descending to 10,000ft and  heading back :-( 

ZORAN

I never had this problem until I set one of the saved panel states to load as default. Once I had cleared this, the problem did not appear.

Yep! See that is why I am not a big fan of saving anything.

I dont save panel states

I dont save flights....well, I do....but only inflight so that if I have an OOM I can continue the flight (hopefully without save faults and bugs!

I start every flight from scratch....I end up at the gate with the default PMDG state (engines runnng.

Then I select the Short or Long turnaround PMDG panel state and 15 sec later I have what I want.

It is a bit time consuming if compared to saving a default flight from this point.....but nothing compared to all the trouble shooting some have to do because they (unknowingly) saved a flight with faults/Bugs!

Ps, I am not saying the Door problem is not a bug, nor that everybody who has this problem has caused it himself!

Rob Robson

I start most of my flights from EGCC, various gates. The problem seems to be random. I always start clean (fresh start of FSX, load default aircraft, switch to the T7, fold my arms and wait till the PMDG countdown reaches zero and the aircon is audible, start preflight).

Isn't it mentioned in the manuals to not load a default aircraft and then load the 777.Loading a default aircraft before 777 is not recommended and could actually cause issues.Neither should you set 777 as your default aircraft..not sure if that could be the reason for this..

Pankaj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it mentioned in the manuals to not load a default aircraft and then load the 777.Loading a default aircraft before 777 is not recommended and could actually cause issues.Neither should you set 777 as your default aircraft..not sure if that could be the reason for this..

Pankaj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is correct!

Only the FSX startup interface should have a default FSX aircraft (I left the Tryke).

But you should not change to a PMDG aircraft after having first opened a flight with the Tryke or a Cessna or whatever.

All you need to do is select the PMDG aircraft in the FSX "create flight" interface.

Rob Robson

Gents-

A couple of items:

SIGN YOUR POSTS IN THIS FORUM.  If you have neglected to sign your posts in this thread, they got zapped.  Sorry....  (but you should know to sign your posts from the forum rules!)

Second:

I want to reiterate that our guidance is to avoid using the SHORT file until we have a chance to replace it with SP1 in the coming weeks.

Also- we are hearing some talk that there is some interference between GSX trying to control the doors on the 777 and our own code.  I don't have any hard evidence of this yet- but we are trying to research that a bit more...  It would be helpful if someone who has the problem can let us know if they do NOT have GSX installed (at all.. not just at that airport... but at all...)

That would allow us to eliminate that issue...

Thanks gents- I'm looking at it... I just need to find a way to replicate it and then I will be able to solve it. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

It would be helpful if someone who has the problem can let us know if they do NOT have GSX installed (at all.. not just at that airport... but at all...)

You must be referring to AES because GSX works at all airports on one install. 

I do not have and have never had GSX installed.

I started to have the doors problem a few days ago. Other posters helped me to notice that the problem began soon after I set a default panel state. I have now cleared the default panel state so she starts with engines running, then I load a panel state manually.

Also I'd like to know if anyone has had the doors problem after loading the T7 in the FSX free flight window.

(Following advice from other posters I tried this, no doors problem, but FSX CTD'd on initial climb. I went back to my old way - load the default A321 first, then switch to the T7, no CTD and no doors problem. I didn't use a panel startup, I manually loaded 777 LONG)

Rob

Robert-

Okay- that answers the question on GSX- thanks.

Important note:  Loading the A321, pressing FLY NOW then switching to the 777 has the same effect in the end as bring the 777 up in the free flight window then pressing fly now.

What we don't want anyone to do is set the freeflight window up so that the 777 or NGX is the airplane that appears there by default.  As long as the first airplane you see in the freeflight window is a default microsoft airplane- you are getting the same results...

In other words, Rob:  Probably a placebo regarding the CTD or lack thereof...

I suspect this doors issue has to do with a problem in the save state files- and so much has changed there that I might have to gamble with saying "yeah- we fixed this" and hope that turns out to be the case when you get SP1...

I'll keep trying in the mean time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

In other words, Rob: Probably a placebo regarding the CTD or lack thereof...

What, you mean I don't need to walk 3 times clockwise around my PC either?  :smile: 

Thanks for looking into the doors issue. Not using a panel state at startup seems to be working, touch wood.

Just encountered this issue with the doors.

Noticed that I had accumulated over 1300 pages of panel state files in the FMC.

On further investigation, found some 19000-odd files / 826MB in the 777 panel state folder, the vast, vast majority were autosave files *.RTE, *.FMC and *.SAV, I assume courtesy of an over-enthusiastic FSUIPC.

Binned all the autosaved ones, problem gone.

This gets really bizarre; it happened to me for the first time today. Flying EGCC to MKJS in the BAW livery with a long turn panel state as default. I read all the replies above and nothing helped. Then I tried different airports and the results are confusing at best. I had no door problems at any Aerosoft, FlyTampa, or FSDT airports. Now the strange part - UK2000 sceneries. The doors wouldn't work at EGCC (tried several different gates) or at EGSS, but they functioned normally at EGLL and EGKK! Figure that one out. I went back and forth, so the problem didn't clear itself. The doors always failed when I went back to either EGCC or EGSS. I don't use GSX for ground services, so that's not an issue. Anyone have similar results?

Hi, everyone,

Just want to mention that you can't close or open the two main cargo doors with the engines running.  Not sure if this is the source of anyone's door issues.  I don't think it's a bug -- it's RW in that ground crew shouldn't be walking near cargo doors with the engines running.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2