Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

FS9 - Moving POV in both 2D and 3D cockpit ?

Hi Folks,

I've made my share of panel mods over the years - gauge swaps - modified bitmaps - points of view - and - I've even read the Panel SDK guide... One thing I'm having a little trouble with is tweaking the point of vew... Now I've always worked in the "panel.cfg" to make these changes... What I'm trying to do is make both the 2D and 3D panel coincide to the same point in space - so I see the same real estate out the window when I toggle between views... How I adjust this - is to start in the 3D view and move it to the desired position - then - I look at the 2D view to see if the view allows the same point of the tarmac to be visible... With the current mod I'm working on - I have to manually shift the 2D view to look down one notch using the [shift][Enter] or [shift][backspace] key - every time I load the aircraft... My question is that the commands I listed below seem to effect both the 2D and 3D veiws at the same time - I can't seem to set that one required manual keystroke move in a config file so both views are the same... Is there anyway to only adjust the 2D view - as the 3D one is perfect where it is now...

Panel.cfg

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=Main_Panel
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.000, 0.000, 0.000
VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.000, 0.090, 0.000
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.75

In addition - I only just realized that the "Aircraft.cfg" also contains a [Views] section... How does this one interact with the one contained in the "Panel.cfg" ???

Aircraft.cfg

[Views]
eyepoint=  0.50, -0.80,  1.55

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

In addition - I only just realized that the "Aircraft.cfg" also contains a [Views] section... How does this one interact with the one contained in the "Panel.cfg" ???

Aircraft cfg=VC view

Hi RW,

Thanks for the response...

Ok - I'll have to play with it - as the View_Forward_Eye and View_Forward_Direction in the "panel.cfg" also adjust the VC view...

Regards,

Scott

What I do:

1.  Modify eyepoint in aircraft.cfg file to get proper VC view (only way to do that).

2.  Modify views in panel.cfg file to get the proper 2D view.

Hope this helps,

Hi Tom,

Much appreciated as always - sir...

I've played with this a great deal since my previous posts... At least the panel.cfg variables...

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.000, 0.000, 0.000 - - - controls the bank, pitch, and heading of the 2D panel view...

VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.000, 0.090, 0.000 - - - controls the port/starboard, fore/aft, and elevation of the VC view...

I didn't test the value in the aircraft.cfg file - but - I'm assuming this just gives the panel.cfg variables - a point of reference to start from... I've been modifying a bunch of my planes to better utilize the views they have... I've been creating VFR/Landing panels (based on the supplied panel) on planes that didn't have them or had done them poorly... Both the VFR/Landing 2D Panel - and - the VC are now aligned so they see the same view of the ground... It's amazing how much more enjoyable they are to fly now that I've optimized them...

:)

Regarsds,

Scott