Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Using WOAI in Ultimate Traffic 2

I have been looking for this answer and can't seem to find it. I have been having great fun installing planes/repaints into UT2 but there are a couple airline packages I would like to add from WOAI into UT2. 

How do I go about installing these WOAI packages into UT2? I can't seem to find a guide or anything that explains the entire process. I saw a process about how to get the schedules imported but I saw nothing about installing the planes or what I need to change in UT2 to make it work.

I just don't want to screw up UT2 by replacing the default UT2 airlines with these packages. 

Thank you in advance. Happy Holidays!! 

I don't have UT2, but I do have every WOAI package installed along with some other freeware traffic. I would think that you would just install the package into FSX using their installer (available on their website). It would install the aircraft and the .bgl file into the proper places. The only conflict that I could see would be that you might have double traffic if you, say, installed the United WOAI package while United for UT2 was already installed. In that case, just remove the unwanted .bgl file from your scenery/world/scenery folder. 

Of course, I do not have UT2, so the files may be structured differently than I'm used to. 

The couple airlines I was interested in installing were UPS and FedEx and if I can get them to work maybe look at putting in a few more that only have the default liveries in UT2. I think what is confusing me the most is getting the new airlines flight plans installed in UT2. I think I remember reading it can be quite the intricate process so I just want to make sure that I am doing it right and not going to mess up UT2. 

Look for ut2_fdx_Jan2012 and ut2_ups_Apr2012 in the library.  Mr Blitch has compiled the plans into something that can be imported into UT2 with the Power Pack.  Has excellent instructions on how to do it properly.  The hardest part is finding the repaints to put in the Simobjects folder.  I can provide a list of the repaints I used.   The plans all run alongside UT2 with no problems.

Charlie

Sportsfan, you need to use the free UT2 Power Pack from F1. Then, install the WoAI package for your chosen airline into FSX. My personal preference is then to remove the newly installed WoAi traffic bgl form FSX\scenery\world\scenery. I them use TTools to decompile this into it.'s constituent .txt files and import this as a schedule into the Power Pack. Follow the power pack instructions to create the ut2 schedule for the new airline and import it into UT2.

Once that's all done, to into UT2 and you can then allocate individual WoAI paints to the aircraft you've set up for the airline in the Power Pack.

I realise that this skims over the process, but if you follow the Power Pack instructions, it'll all make sense.

Andy

I just installed the new UA colour scheme from WOAI in UT2. I just used the WOAI installer to install the aircraft into the simobjects/airplanes (I couldn't locate these aircraft in UT2 if I installed into another simobjects folder.  I then used UT2 (repaints section) to add the new colour scheme to the subject aircraft/airline and remove the old colour scheme from the same section. I can verify that it worked OK.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I replaced every airline in UT2 with a UTT or Alpha India flightplan, the process is quite simple but very time consuming.

1. Download and install the UT2 powerpack( if you havent already).

2. Take the WOAI flightplan and compile it with UT powerpack.Large airlines like All Nippon can take some time to assign the aircraft types in UT2. Depending on the accuracy of the flightplan you might have to add airports.

3. After the DBI file is created make sure to add it to the UT2 database.

4. Install the missing repaints into FSX, give them a common manufacturer name and aircraft type so they will be easy to find, trust me this comes in handy after you've installed over 600 flightplans lol

5. Open the UT2 program and deactivate the airline plans you are replacing or you will have duplicate flights. Look in the UT2 weekly database to find the default airline to be replaced.

6. Assign repaints into UT2 then you should be good to go!

Assign repaints into UT2 then you should be good to go!

This was the main reason I wanted to use WOAI because for some reason I couldn't find the right planes/paints or when I did there were multiple airplanes and not all the paints went with the planes I found so I was looking for a simpler way to just replace the "default" liveries on some of the airlines I found with the WOAI packages. 

Ok so I understand now how get the flight plans into UT2 but when you say assign repaints I am assuming those are from the WOAI package and with the WOAI package it installs all the planes/liveries I need for the package I downloaded? Then it is just a matter of finding the planes in my simobjects folder and naming the manufacturer then so I can find them in UT2?

Ok I picked a random airline to try this with. With the WOAI installer it is asking which FSX sub folder the package files should go to. Should I assign it to the UT2 sub folder or a different sub folder?

I also watched the video from the WOAI site and I am thinking I did something wrong. I DL'd the installer and put all the contents of it into it's own folder on my desktop. I then DL'd the airline I was going to try this with and extracted it to it's own folder also on the desktop. 

In the airline folder though it appears there is another zip file with something called a ENC file. Where should I zip that file or is that the file I select from the WOAI installer page where it says what package do you want to install or something like that?

I use the WOAI installer to manually extract to a desktop folder I call WOAI plans. I forgot one thing, to make the process easier, please note the aircraft code used by UT2 so when you compile the WOAI plan, UT2 will automatically assign the UT2 repaints into your new flightplan for that aircraft.

Example for Boeing 737-800w (73H) is the code, so use this in your new plan if it has that particular plane. Dont extract the new repaints into the UT2 folder just use a folder on the desktop then incorporate to your simobjects airplanes folder.

use the WOAI installer to manually extract to a desktop folder

I'm sorry some of this stuff is just going right over my head. So far I have been able to locate the airline file with the woai installer. I haven't installed it yet but after I install it what are the next steps to the process? I had a bit of trouble going over the step by step stuff you mentioned above. I have the UT2 power pack but after that I got confused about where to find the WOAI flight plans and stuff I am sorry again. 

Hello Mr Sports Fan.

send me a pm and we will arrange a skype or teamspeak session and Ill talk you through UT2 as its my favourite addon.

Cheers

14ppkc-6.png