Sign in to follow this  
Longhaul444

Possible 787-10?

Wondering if there will be a 787-10X in the works? From all the Boeing products you guys have done so far, they're awesome. I have seen a brochure from Boeing on the 787-10X and can't wait for someone to put one out that is REALISTIC in the model (hint, hint), not a thrown together freeware pgm like most FSX a/c. Maybe it could be added in a 787 update to the dreamliner we already have now, so it wouldn't have to be a completely new product. Just an idea. thanks for all the hard work guys and Happy Holidays from RCJ Transport Virtual.

Hi Joseph,

Quality Wings are working on a 787 but I doubt it will be anywhere as complex as a PMDG release.

PMDG still has a lot of things they're working on at the moment and the 787 is not one of them.

Here are a list of things PMDG are currently confirmed to have on their plate:

--

Surveying the 737 & 777 for XPX

Surveying the 737 & 777 for P3Dv2

Working on the 777 in P3Dv2

Releasing SP1 of the 777

Releasing the -300ER expansion for the 777

Releasing SP2 for the 737

Working on the 747v2 

Surveying the 747v2 for release on 2 additional platforms

Testing/Working on the DC-6.

--

Now, that looks like a pretty full plate to me, which leads me to think we won't even hear about a 787 until 2015 at least.

Aamir Thacker

All you need is patience. I will eat this macbook if PMDG aren't already thinking/planning on a 787 at some point in the future.

Hi Joseph,

Quality Wings are working on a 787 but I doubt it will be anywhere as complex as a PMDG release.

PMDG still has a lot of things they're working on at the moment and the 787 is not one of them.

After watching the JP 787 blu ray I'd be ecstatic if QW models at least 85% of the stuff correctly and I can make do with the engine fire and other non normal stuff inop (I still haven't touched that stuff in the 777 or even the 737 aside the fire test).

I went on Jetstar's 787 last month. Brilliant airplane! I've never enjoyed an airliner ride more. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEIWZIZFLk‎

That air conditioning & pressurization system (not bleed air fed!) totally makes a difference. I felt more refreshed and relaxed and hydrated after the flight than before. (The day before I'd flown to Melbourne on an A321, with slightly stuffy ears that had blocked up a bit, and never quite un-blocked even after over 12 hours. 

Apparently the cure for A321 blocked ears is a ride in a 787 lol.

I'm deftinatley a fan.

I also got to meet an Air India 787 pilot at WorldFlight 2013. He seemed rather happy with the aircraft too.

Here are a list of things PMDG are currently confirmed to have on their plate:

--

Surveying the 737 & 777 for XPX

Surveying the 737 & 777 for P3Dv2

Working on the 777 in P3Dv2

Releasing SP1 of the 777

Releasing the -300ER expansion for the 777

Releasing SP2 for the 737

Working on the 747v2 

Surveying the 747v2 for release on 2 additional platforms

Testing/Working on the DC-6.

--

Now, that looks like a pretty full plate to me, which leads me to think we won't even hear about a 787 until 2015 at least.

Any news on the 200ER?  :Big Grin:

Any news on the 200ER?  :Big Grin:

Have you checked their facebook?  They are working on the 300er at the moment, give them time, and PMDG themselfs will release info when they're ready!

Have you checked their facebook?  They are working on the 300er at the moment, give them time, and PMDG themselfs will release info when they're ready!

No, no, they can take their time. I just want to know if there will be one :P Don't wanna keep my hopes up. 

I also think PMDG has already enough things to work on, for a while.

Maybe QWS' 787 will be ok, anything better than the Abacus 787 that seems to suck at inconceivable levels. Seriously, it must be the worst payware add-on in the history of PC flight simming.

I also think PMDG has already enough things to work on, for a while.

Maybe QWS' 787 will be ok, anything better than the Abacus 787 that seems to suck at inconceivable levels. Seriously, it must be the worst payware add-on in the history of PC flight simming.

If it's anything like their 146 then it will be much more than OK. I'm very much looking forward to it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If it's anything like their 146 then it will be much more than OK. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Not convinced about their HUD/HUGS implementation, but I guess we'll see when it's done.

Not convinced about their HUD/HUGS implementation, but I guess we'll see when it's done.

I agree that will likely be a weak spot. Most HUDs in FSX are poor and best left switched off. The only ones I use are the NGX and VRS F-18.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The day before I'd flown to Melbourne on an A321, with slightly stuffy ears that had blocked up a bit, and never quite un-blocked even after over 12 hours.

You can get the same affect in a 737NG.

Iain Smith

If the HUD is the only thing that needs improvement then that's fine by me.

(The day before I'd flown to Melbourne on an A321, with slightly stuffy ears that had blocked up a bit, and never quite un-blocked even after over 12 hours. 

I had a worse experience on a 757, on descent something didn't pop right or whatever and I was in severe pain until shortly after landing.