Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

VSync won't work

Hi,

Previously VSync would work the same in DX10 as in DX9. Today I gave DX10 another try and to my surprise VSync wasn't working. Checked Insector and it was on Standard and 1/2 refresh rate. Went back to DX9 and it was all fine again. FPS is set to unlimited because you won't have a FPS loss and VSync will be just as smooth (for me). Still tried to set it at 30 just in case that was the cause, but then still, it wouldn't work.

Any ideas?

Can I get some help please?

Here are my NI settings:

post-229061-0-71492900-1387985181.png

Windowed or Fullscreen ? Try also 1/3 refreshrate 

Michael

Hi Micahel, thank you for your reply.

Fullscreen, I have set it to Bioshock/Bioshock 2 right now, but that doesn't work. 1/3 doesn't work either. 

My guess is that it's a driver issue, because it worked fine before. Have you actually tried whether VSync works with the 331.82 drivers?

P3DV2 DX11 must use adaptive Vsync. Not sure but suspect DX10 is similar. Adaptive is somewhat iffy also. LM also states in order for Vsync to work, Aero must be enabled.? Not sure how much that is related to V2 or DX11/10.

P3DV2 DX11 must use adaptive Vsync. Not sure but suspect DX10 is similar. Adaptive is somewhat iffy also. LM also states in order for Vsync to work, Aero must be enabled.? Not sure how much that is related to V2 or DX11/10.

I will try Adaptive. But Aero, that automatically disables itself when you start FSX, what can I do about that?

Hi Micahel, thank you for your reply.

Fullscreen, I have set it to Bioshock/Bioshock 2 right now, but that doesn't work. 1/3 doesn't work either. 

My guess is that it's a driver issue, because it worked fine before. Have you actually tried whether VSync works with the 331.82 drivers?

Nope the 331.82 does not work on my system all the time. I have not a IT hyper grade education but sometimes Vsync is broken in DX10 whether it be in fullscreen or windowed mode

Please test with a 60HZ session in both Windowed and Fullscreen

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Fullscreen, I have set it to Bioshock/Bioshock 2 right now, but that doesn't work.

Why do you have this setting?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Why do you have this setting?

Because Michael Moe told me to in another thread. And I have also seen post of you saying it should be set to Bioshock/Bioshock 2.

Yes - we have both said "it" should be set to Bioshok2 - but I'm asking why?

(Just bear with me here, Arjen - I would like you to be successful, and will help you - and I believe i understand why you have had so much trouble when others have been so successful. I don't want you to get upset when I ask some pointed questions - ok!

So..  Do you understand why we suggest this setting? What do you think it's supposed to do? 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes - we have both said "it" should be set to Bioshok2 - but I'm asking why?

(Just bear with me here, Arjen - I would like you to be successful, and will help you - and I believe i understand why you have had so much trouble when others have been so successful. I don't want you to get upset when I ask some pointed questions - ok!

So..  Do you understand why we suggest this setting? What do you think it's supposed to do? 

pj

I have got to admit, I have absolutely NO IDEA. 

P.S. I wasn't getting upset at all! :smile: :smile: :smile: 

I hope you can help me, really appreciate it!

OK - Good man. Let's see what we can do for you, Arjen: You have a pretty decent system, and with a single monitor running full screen there should be very few graphical issues that can't be fixed.

What I would like you to do first is to copy off your fsx.cfg, rename the copy as "Arjen_fsx.txt" and then attach to a reply back here, then we'll take a peep at it, change a few things maybe, and I'll send it back: the other thing - is for you to take some time out to read, and read, and read, the DX10 How-To guide - again.

It is very important that you read and understand what you're reading. There are a number of links to other docs, covering a number of subjects, AA, SGSS, Buffers, DX10, DX9, and so on: all are important to read, as there's no earthly point in changing a setting if you have no idea what it does - right! .. and if you don't know the answer - then you have to ask.

This Bioshok setting is on page 4 - but - start at the beginning. There is a pic of an Inspector setup on page 3, and it will work for your setup.

If we need to I can Teamviewer to your pc, and we can look at anything else which may be causing an issue. You should get better performance with DX10: it should be smoother, right down to 17 or 18 fps: the water should look much better than default: plus a few other things.. - ok!

If you post your cfg here tonight, I'll post it back around 10 pm (Canada - EST), so you'll probably open it in the morning.

All the Best,

pj

If you post your cfg here tonight, I'll post it back around 10 pm (Canada - EST), so you'll probably open it in the morning.

Paul, thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Hereby the fsx.CFG

Arjen_fsx.txt

Here you go, Arjen, and here's some good info, along with some explanation of bufferpools.......

Don't lose it! 

Feel free to pm me, and we can dig a bit deeper into the system. It should perform quite well when you get on top of it. You'll find there's not so much guessing here.

All the Best, 

pj

Here you go, Arjen, and here's some good info, along with some explanation of bufferpools.......

Don't lose it! 

Feel free to pm me, and we can dig a bit deeper into the system. It should perform quite well when you get on top of it. You'll find there's not so much guessing here.

All the Best, 

pj

Based on the document in question I went through with a full cycle of bufferpool-tests just the other day: Performing the test through a heavy cumulus-layer I was able to adjust the RejectThreshold-value until I experienced butter smooth rendering. DX10 instantly provided a smooth FSX experience, but to retain efficient rendering in clouded conditions, I had to adjust the bufferpool-section.

Do not underestimate the power of DX10 along with a few appropriate tweaks!  B)