Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

VSync won't work

Here you go, Arjen, and here's some good info, along with some explanation of bufferpools.......

Don't lose it! 

Feel free to pm me, and we can dig a bit deeper into the system. It should perform quite well when you get on top of it. You'll find there's not so much guessing here.

All the Best, 

pj

Thank you Paul, I will start digging into this tonight. First, I have got to study for uni. :smile:

Based on the document in question I went through with a full cycle of bufferpool-tests just the other day: Performing the test through a heavy cumulus-layer I was able to adjust the RejectThreshold-value until I experienced butter smooth rendering. DX10 instantly provided a smooth FSX experience, but to retain efficient rendering in clouded conditions, I had to adjust the bufferpool-section.

Do not underestimate the power of DX10 along with a few appropriate tweaks!  B)

This post ought to be a "sticky"!  Well Done, 767!

This is one of the best posts I have read - as that's exactly what I found too, when I first began using DX10. 

Many Thanks.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul and everybody else,

I have had a short look on the fsx.CFG you've sent me, Paul. I haven't had the time yet to experiment with the settings, but I saw what you typed about the DisablePreload=1 setting. I checked my actual fsx.CFG and this setting wasn't there even though I was sure it had been there before (I think the Add-on manager has changed my settings, and it does more often, I hate this program). So I applied the setting and VSync now works like a charm in DX10 too. I might give it another shot.

Tomorrow some more studying but I will take a good look at it in the afternoon.

Thank you Sir!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

This post ought to be a "sticky"!  Well Done, 767!

This is one of the best posts I have read - as that's exactly what I found too, when I first began using DX10. 

Many Thanks.

pj

Actually, I would not have been able to properly configure bufferpools without one of your original posts on this topic: Thank you! There are quite a few improved (better documented) tweaks around, and many of them should be included in updated versions of the original tweaking guides. 

I still have issues with vsync in windowedmode DX10.No problems in DX9. Anyone here with Nvidia that has it working? The 777 from PMDG is not a smooth ride like the NGX. Better in fullscreen though but I still see FPS above 60 so vsync must be broken right?

Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael!

Check your fsx.cfg, Michael - you should have "ForceWindowedVsync=1" under the [Graphics] header.

FPS above 60 so vsync must be broken right?   No - vsync should be independent of frame rate, but will work a lot better if it only has to sync the vertical refresh rate when it's within a few frames of what you set it to in the sim, together with how you set it in Inspector. When the sim rockets to 40 or 50, the CPU is working as hard as it can, and everything else - "housekeeping" - is put on hold. Then, when the sim encounters heavy traffic, weather, scenery, etc - the frames plunge because the proc has not had any chance to build up some "spare time". Unlimited makes the proc devote pretty much every clock tick to FSX.

Best,

pj

Hi Michael!

Check your fsx.cfg, Michael - you should have "ForceWindowedVsync=1" under the [Graphics] header.

FPS above 60 so vsync must be broken right?   No - vsync should be independent of frame rate, but will work a lot better if it only has to sync the vertical refresh rate when it's within a few frames of what you set it to in the sim, together with how you set it in Inspector. When the sim rockets to 40 or 50, the CPU is working as hard as it can, and everything else - "housekeeping" - is put on hold. Then, when the sim encounters heavy traffic, weather, scenery, etc - the frames plunge because the proc has not had any chance to build up some "spare time". Unlimited makes the proc devote pretty much every clock tick to FSX.

Best,

pj

Thanks Poul, I do have both Disablepreload=1 and ForceWindowed in the fsx.cfg. Hmm i will try some testing again with a limit fps. Maybe it do work then.

Right now i have 1/3 in the NI and triple buffering=ON. This is really nice in fullscreen for now. btw. I saw my Sound_LOD was set to 1. This should be zero right ?

Michael

Thanks again Poul 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1/3 and 20fps set in FSX - right? and yes - triple buffering=ON may help, but it depends upon the amount of memory your GPU has. Sound LOD "0" yes.

:wink:

pj

I read somewhere offset the limiter was a better solution Not sure why though. Right now i am testing 35 in the limiter in FSX. Btw.LM has found some broken vsync code in the engine that goes back to FSX and they might find a solution to it.At least for P3DV2.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Btw.LM has found some broken vsync code in the engine that goes back to FSX and they might find a solution to it.At least for P3DV2.

Believe what you are referring to in P3DV2 DX11 bug is the Physical engine and texture engine timing. IE, Aircraft movement in relation to texture loading timing/sync. Im not sure that is considered a Vsync issue?

Believe what you are referring to in P3DV2 DX11 bug is the Physical engine and texture engine timing. IE, Aircraft movement in relation to texture loading timing/sync. Im not sure that is considered a Vsync issue?

Could be my misunderstanding but vsync is timing is it not?

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png