Sign in to follow this  
A3 610

Saitek throttle quadrant-Assignments question

Hello everyone! Merry Christmas!!!

I just wanted to ask a quick question about the saitek throttle assignment.

I just received my throttle quadrant for christmas and i have it paired with my T-Hotas Flightstick. I managed to configure the 3 axis to Flaps,Gear and Main Engine Throttle. My question is can i use 2 axis to work with each engine separately (1st axis for engine 1 and 2nd axis for engine 2) ? 

Furthermore, i noticed while in the FSX assignments section that i can choose between "Engine Throttle 1-4". I tried to assign 1 axis to "engine throttle 1" and then 2nd axis to "engine throttle 2". I then went into the game and when i tried to move engine 1 and engine 2 throttle nothing happened. The engines remained Idle. However when i put 1 axis to the "Main Engine Throttle" all worked fine, as soon as i moved the assigned axis the engines spooled up. Am i doing something wrong or i must buy a second throttle quadrant to make it work? If someone has experience with this piece of hardware and could help me i would be grateful!

I hope you have understood my situation. In case i got you confused ask me for more information.

Thanks again for your time reading this and Merry Christmas!!!

"I managed to configure the 3 axis to Flaps,Gear and Main Engine Throttle"

you cant have the three axis assigned here and have them also assigned to your engines as well

ZORAN

Not sure, how to assign separate throttles by FSX itself, but it works perfectly with registered version of FSUIPC. But then it's also worth to look for a second throttle quadrant (with 6 axis in total you may assign separate ones for throttles, then for gear, spoilers, flaps).

Jacek

A good way to set up the  3 axis would be 2 x engines and the 3rd as either a prop RPM control lever or as a speed brake in jets.

the three buttons below can be used for gear or flaps etc

ZORAN

"I managed to configure the 3 axis to Flaps,Gear and Main Engine Throttle"

you cant have the three axis assigned here and have them also assigned to your engines as well

Yes i understand that! Here is the thing...i tried to go to FSX assignments and assign the 1st axis to the option "Engine 1 Throttle" then the 2nd axis to the option "Engine 2 Throttle" and the 3rd axis to the flaps option. The problem is when i try to move the throttles ingame the engines won't do anything. I don't know if i am doing something wrong but please kind sir, tell me how do you setup your 2 axis for your throttles? It may help me.

Not sure, how to assign separate throttles by FSX itself, but it works perfectly with registered version of FSUIPC. But then it's also worth to look for a second throttle quadrant (with 6 axis in total you may assign separate ones for throttles, then for gear, spoilers, flaps).

Jacek

I have registrered FSUIPC. I will try the FSUIPC way last. I first want to understand if it is possible to make it work through the FSX assignments. By the way, if i assign them through FSUIPC i must cancel them in FSX assignments or it works fine even if they are assigned to both FSX and FSUIPC?

Don't know why FSX assignments aren't working for you.

I highly recommend FSUIPC (registered, of course) for axis and button assignments. In addition to all the axes working correctly, there is the added benefit of having different configurations for each of your aircraft--something you can't do through FSX.

Yet another benefit is the ability to keep all your controllers plugged in and use each appropriately. For example, I have a Saitek Cessna yoke and two Saitek throttles in addition to a Logitech G940 joystick/throttle/rudder set-up. With FSUIPIC,  I can assign the yoke to those aircraft that have them (737, J-41, etc.) and the joystick/throttle HOTAS to others that have them (helicopters, J-3, etc.)--AND use my Logitech rudder pedals for both! In addition, I can keep all plugged into my computer at the same time--never have to worry about plugging and unplugging them.

Note, though, that if you do go the FSUIPC route, you'll have to remove your axis assignments in FSX.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Make sure that you have selected "saitek" under "controller type" 

that's it really. maybe your throttle is faulty

ZORAN

Ok, i will try it again once i get back home on Friday and report back to you with pictures if i am in trouble. I really want to make it work through FSX assignments because it is not possible that is working for you and not working for me. Anyway, i will report back on Friday.

Meanwhile Happy Holidays!

Ok so after reading again here and there i found the asnwer to my problem here.... http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68917-throttles-just-refuse-to-move/

As it said in the post above "Simply find "Aerosoft.AirbusX.Configurator.exe" located in Main FSX folder\aerosoft\Airbus X Extended. Run it while your FSX is CLOSED (!), and in the FADEC option select "Throttle axis count: [2]". Open FSX and select Airbus X A320/321, your throttles should work."

I did this and worked like a charm. 

Thanks again for your time everyone!Cheers