Sign in to follow this  
bradrcfii

Winds

Merry Christmas,

I have been having trouble with wind shifts on descent.  Just before the flight, I downloaded the latest beta.

Today I flew into KJFK.  Everything was find but at about 17,000, I had a sfift from 214/56 to 146/52.  I noticed that my recovery altitude was set to 17,000.  My past troubles were many shifts on the way down but this flight it was only one.

I also noticed on final approach, it finally nailed the reported winds on short final. It was pretty good.

Is there anything else I can do to eliminate the last single shift I experienced today?

Brad

Thanks for the feedback Brad, we will be looking at the Recovery procedure after the break. One other simmer in SimForums has reported the same in his system, everything OK until recovery of the surface conditions, so I will be seeing what I can do and then post a new beta.

Have a great Xmas break.

Regards

Stephen

It seems to affect a few systems so it may take a few betas to nail it but I'm sure it can be sorted. I have a number of things I want to try, if you can keep an eye on the SimForums Announcements but I'll probably notify you here as well.

Stephen