Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Saitek Rudder Pedals Not Working Properly in FSX

I received my Saitek Rudder Pedals as a gift for Christmas, and they aren't working properly in FSX. When I use the toe brakes and push them down all the way, it feels like I am only getting about 40 to 50% braking. I have read that others have had this issue and some had said that using FSUIPC would fix it. I tried that, and unfortunately, it did not help my issue.

Anyone know how to fix this?

My regards,

Nathan3219

Did you make sure when using FSUIPC to disable control of the pedals by FSX?  Make sure you are using one or the other but not both.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

First off, thanks for the reply.

I tried doing as you said by disabling the pedals in default FSX and making it so they were completely controlled by FSUIPC. Unfortunately, it did not help, and I am still only receiving about 50% braking when I fully push the pedals down. Very strange... I have no idea why it's doing this.

Any other ideas?

My regards,
Nathan3219

Make sure they are properly Calibrated in Windows too.

The other common problem with toe brakes is they tend to be reversed (On while stagnate and off when pushed) make sure you have the axis reversed so that the brakes are applied when you push them not the other way around.

I see you're using FSUIPC;  make sure you calibrate the axis there too not just assigned.

RE Thomason Jr.

Make sure they are properly Calibrated in Windows too.

The other common problem with toe brakes is they tend to be reversed (On while stagnate and off when pushed) make sure you have the axis reversed so that the brakes are applied when you push them not the other way around.

I see you're using FSUIPC;  make sure you calibrate the axis there too not just assigned.

Didn't realize you could calibrate the axis in FSUIPC. I tried this, and it worked! My brakes are working good now,

Thanks for your help.

My regards,

Nathan3219

Too easy Glad I could help you get it sorted... Merry Christmas!

RE Thomason Jr.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.