Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Wheel sinking into ground during landing

Hi

I have a problem with the wheel of my PMDG 737 NGX. 

During the landing it is ALWAYS sinking into ground. At first I thought it is because of hard landing but I just performed UBER smooth landing in 737-600 and still it sunk. 

This happens on all of PMDG which I own (737-600/700/800/900) and it just killed immersion. 

Please help because I think I will start to cry :( 

Does this happen at multiple (default) airports?

I personally think it's scenery related..

Default airports. But today I have finally managed to land normally when stayed below 200 fpm. I guess that was a simulation of broken gear and I just have to train my landings more. :)

I don't think so, landing gear can sustain much more force than you can produce with sloppy landing.

Do not worry to much about vertical speed at touchdown, if it feels right, it's good enough.

Do you have 'service based failures' activated in your FMS?

I don't know the exact G limit, but the B737NG's gear can handle much harder landings than 200fpm.

Edit:

This is from an other forum member:

"The maximum rate of descent at touchdown is as follows:Above Max. landing weight: Max 6ft/sec=360fpmBelow Max. landing weight: 10ft/sec=600fpm"

I don't have the manuals with me now, so please wait for anyone who could confirm these limits.

Richy