Mine:

- RealAir Turbine Duke

- with RealAir Duke B60 optics and effects

- with Aerosoft Twotter-like VC quality

- plus Flight1 T128T/Mustang-like G1000 implementation

- plus A2A C172-like maintenance features

One can dream...

Oh great, five threads.

It'd really help if avsim wouldn't run into capacity issues when trying to post a new topic...

I'll respond to this one ^_^

I like the Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster for it's smoooth FDE.

RE Thomason Jr.

I think the perfect one is the RealAir Legacy.  Superb visibility, high speed (and low speed if you need it), excellent immersion, excellent crosswind handling/flight controls.  RXP equipped if desired too!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ditto on the Lancair Legacy, but I've been hankering for one with a turbine. And maybe some structural reinforcement to bump up the Vne. Turbine Duke is great too but engines can get in the way of visibility. I also wish someone would do a good quality Cirrus SR22.

ES is the better of the two definitely, but dated.  Carenado is basically visuals only as usual.

I have both though!

I've always wished for a Lancair Evolution - those are neat!  (Ugly but neat)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok, might have to check out the ES version after the holidays, once budget allows. Are the systems pretty thorough? I was very disappointed in the Carenado except for the visuals. I'll be honest, I feel like they flood the market with iconic planes that make other developers less apt to come out with the same version. For instance, I have been wishing someone would do a high quality Cessna C208 Caravan, but Carenado cornered that market.   

I think the Lancair Evolution has a turbine and Vne somewhere around 300kts. Might have a few odd curves to it, but that would be a whole lot of fun! I would buy it for sure.

IF you have a powerful PC the Wilco  Socata TBM 850 might hit the mark. I have it and despite all criticism it's a great plane with a WAAS capable G1000.  

RobdeVries.jpg

The Realair Lancair for me, for its speed and its fantastic FDE, closely followed by the Carenado C208 (well, I use that one actually more often for VFR, but it still is a great workhorse under any conditions) and the C337, since that one is a quite unique and cool plane.

For me the Flight 1 King Air 200 or Real Air Turbine Duke  - both are superb GA aircraft but prior to the release of the King Air, the Turbine Duke was my main GA IFR aircraft however now it is difficult to choose between them! In terms of the King Air, the Carenado version is not really a contender because, although it has got great internal and external visuals, it's systems are nothing like as good as the Flight 1 version.

Bill

Carenado are eye candy in my opinion - nice if one wants X renditions of 'a thing that flies, for looking at things', but not really useful for much else, i.e. IFR touring. I'm a bit miffed with them because I was extremely disappointed by their G1000 implementation in the T128T, recently.

The King Air looks interesting indeed! It's frightfully expensive though... how does it compare to the Mustang? That one's not quite a GA plane admittedly, but I like it somehow... couldn't make up my mind to spend the money yet, though. But after the disappointment mentioned above, I've been somewhat mollified by the Flight1 128 and it's G1000, so I'm casting a friendly eye on other Flight1 products with the Garmin.

Carenado are eye candy in my opinion - nice if one wants X renditions of 'a thing that flies, for looking at things', but not really useful for much else, i.e. IFR touring. I'm a bit miffed with them because I was extremely disappointed by their G1000 implementation in the T128T, recently.

I agree with you to some point: Some Carenado planes have some really odd in-flight behavior and are in fact useless for IFR, but especially the C337 isn't bad at all IMO. It has all the instruments one needs for IFR, plus the (default-ish) GPS, and the same applies for the Caravan. The FDE seem to be correct (at least they react the way I would expect them to do so), too.

However, those planes are for sure not really suitable for real world training purposes, e.g. because they don't simulate every single system of the plane.

I'm really excited about the Wilco TBM 850!!! My next favorite GA IFR cruiser.

Cheers

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Btw I might not have made this clear enough: the idea of this thread was to have you define your hypothetical, ideal GA cruiser - not necessarily point to existing planes, because as I tried to exemplify in my first post, there's no single add-on out there today that does everything that I want.

(With the possible exception of that King Air, will definitely have to save up for that one!)