Sign in to follow this  
agood

What's your perfect GA IFR cruiser?

Carenado are eye candy in my opinion - nice if one wants X renditions of 'a thing that flies, for looking at things', but not really useful for much else, i.e. IFR touring. I'm a bit miffed with them because I was extremely disappointed by their G1000 implementation in the T128T, recently.

The King Air looks interesting indeed! It's frightfully expensive though... how does it compare to the Mustang? That one's not quite a GA plane admittedly, but I like it somehow... couldn't make up my mind to spend the money yet, though. But after the disappointment mentioned above, I've been somewhat mollified by the Flight1 128 and it's G1000, so I'm casting a friendly eye on other Flight1 products with the Garmin.

The Mustang certainly is general aviation.. GA is a broad category though. Anyway I have both the king air and mustang. I prefer the king air now. Speed-wise the KA is just slightly slower in cruise. The mustang can still out climb the king air (but in real life burning much more gas). The G1000 in the KA is far far better on fps than mustang. And there's more features such as Safe Taxi and the VNAV "banana."

The king air also has a maintenance module/failure. And really good systems. Additionally it has a manual that you can actually follow to the T and things will work as advertised.

Oh and it allows for Navigraph.

It's 10 bucks more for the KA (at least it was) - I was incredibly skeptical of the FDE at launch and the F1 team did a pretty good job of fixing a flaw by version 1.3.

It's one of my top five best GA planes to date (and I basically own all the native FSX ones).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Based on the question by the OP my choice is the Carenado C90B.  It is good eye candy, but goes well beyond that.  The handling is among the best of the Carenado models and for IFR flying the combination of instruments is much to my liking with some of both, traditional and glass, and very good RXP integration.

N5590T%20ovr%20So%20Virginia-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Carenado are eye candy in my opinion - nice if one wants X renditions of 'a thing that flies, for looking at things', but not really useful for much else, i.e. IFR touring. I'm a bit miffed with them because I was extremely disappointed by their G1000 implementation in the T128T, recently.

The King Air looks interesting indeed! It's frightfully expensive though... how does it compare to the Mustang? That one's not quite a GA plane admittedly, but I like it somehow... couldn't make up my mind to spend the money yet, though. But after the disappointment mentioned above, I've been somewhat mollified by the Flight1 128 and it's G1000, so I'm casting a friendly eye on other Flight1 products with the Garmin.

agood,

You gotta work on that T128T and Flight1 128 designation, you might end up landing on the wrong runway with headon traffic. Ha,

Search Avsim for 'Cessna Citations' review for the scoop on the Flight1 Mustang and here on the front page for details on the F1 Super King Air recommendation. How can you go wrong with their 30 day money back offer for you to experience either or both first hand?

I have both and recommend both.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

That;s how I feel with most of the models I have from them except the Skymaster with Stolle FDE  it is simply better than the rest (IMO) I have the Caravan, C182RG, Bonanza V35, and the Cessna 208 and prefer the Skymaster to all of those. 160-165knts cruise so it's not slow but can't get up to the FL's of the turbocharged B model Super Skymasters but it's a very enjoyable IFR touring machine with good range and good visibility with the high wing for those VFR days.

RE Thomason Jr.

I bought the older C185 bush version in the recent Carenado sale, and I love the sound of that thing - plus the tundra version with that aircraft.cfg fix is a challenge to land, so lots of fun with this one. If there was a higher resolution VC available it would actually be able to hang in there with the newer stuff rather well...

Back to topic: I'll try the Flight1 King Air, that thing looks fantastic!

Ya you cant go wrong .... 30 day return policy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ya you cant go wrong .... 30 day return policy

I'm not afraid I won't like it, I'm afraid I'm going to like it too much, i.e. be another 50 bucks short...

Im thinking of getting the F1 king air based on the quality of the Mustang of which I dont fly much these days mainly due to the ear splitting warning that kicks in at exactly 1 knot over 250 kts and between Fadec and wind shifts there is no way to avoid it. 

Incredibly according to F1 it cant be turned off.

My favorite though is the Duke v2

ZORAN