Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Landing lights issue

Hi

This is not  a major problem still I am a bit curious about this matter - when I was running DX9 I could see the lights of my PMDG 737 NGX during day/dusk/dawn/night when looking from VC (they were on the ground). I'm using lights modified by REX. 

Now with DX10 + fixer I can only see them at night and dusk/dawn but they are very, very dimmed during dusk/dawn. There is also no lights on runway visible during day. Is it a common issue or something is going wrong in my software?  

Another thing is snow texture with landing lights on - it is full of colourful squares. Is it also normal?

Hi mephic

On the pdmg lights I think you are talking about lights shining on the runway is that correct? If you switch to dx9 without changing anything do they appear as they previously did. I would imagine from what you describe that the lights form part of the model.

On the snow what does it look like in dx9?

IN DX9 snow looks normal. 

In the matter of lights itself - yes, shining on runway, I switched to DX9 without changing anything and they do not appear as previously - they appear dimmed. I managed to fix it a bit with REX 3 Essentials setting up brighter lights, but still taxi lights even at night seems to be dimmed and taxi/takeoff lights during day are not visible and I really remember them to appear with DX9 only I think. Well not that big issue as the one below anyway. 

Also noticed a new problem when landing visual approach (no ILS) - PAPI lights are missing and cannot see them. Is it also normal? 

Which airport? For legacy airports you often need a lightfield bgl see the manual, end of the effects section

Also on taxi lights etc, can you test what happens at a default airport, not aerosoft, orbx etc, so pick e.g an airport in a region that you have no add ons so e.g china?

As for taxi lights - I don't have any add on airports - all are stock. Is it the same in Your case? Or You can see lights during day? TBH I am flying PMDG so it may be also plane fault... too many addons on my side to easily know it ;) 

As for PAPI -  I've noticed some new interesting thing about PAPI - this may be caused by My Traffic 2013 as it rebuilds all of the airports with new parking spaces and stuff. I checked on EDDT - PAPI are on. Checked on EPKK (my hometown) - no PAPI lights on both end of runway and according to what I've googled it has PAPI on both runways. (25/7) 

So this is weird - maybe it is some mistake by MyTraffic2013 creators or it is missing in FSX. 

Ahhh my bad in the matter of Papi - PAPI were mounted in EPKK after fsx release. Sorry for causing trouble with this :) btw - kudos for this tool :)

Hi,

I have another NGX lights issue... look at the screen:

t1960637_ldgbrightlights.jpg

Is it possible to lower intensity of landing lights shaft on the ground?

(I have payware Steve's DX10 fixer)

Lucas

I have bloom effect OFF in FSX.

Do you mean General Shader Option in Fixer? If YES - so, I have only check "Limit Environment Bloom" option and all 5 sliders on 100%.

Even if you turn bloom off in game some bloom still works in DX10 (!) so in the general shader set the Lights to switchable and headlights to always off.

If its not that it may be something in the model - you need to speak to someone else with the NGX - the DX10 discussions is a better place to ask as it gets more traffic.