Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

High Altitude Scenery Rendering...

Hi guys,

I'm new to XPX, and this has been bothering me...

747-400United_1_zpsf8bfee87.png

Is there any way to increase the distance for scenery rendering at high altitude? I've already got my "world detail distance" set to "very high".

Thanks

Is there any way to increase the distance for scenery rendering at high altitude? I've already got my "world detail distance" set to "very high".

Hi fsxkitty, 

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get rid of the blur, this is something that will be addressed in the future by LR and hopefully in the next 10.30 update.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi fsxkitty, 

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get rid of the blur, this is something that will be addressed in the future by LR and hopefully in the next 10.30 update.

Thanks Carlos.

Really hope they fix it soon.

Unfortunately, on Ben's recent interview I didn't read any mention to this getting fixed :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

if LR doesn't fix this issue before XP11, I will retire XP10 and stay with FSX/P3D.  This issue is really embarrassing to still have in 2014 after so many updates.  My fsx setups looks so good and real, when I look out my window from home or at FL300 from my trips.....fsx is the clear winner.  XP10 still has many problems for a new sim.

It's not a "bug" in XP10,it's just how it is,DSFs at this distnace are entirly NOT loaded.

Ben stated that they are looking into it,and they enhance that with loading more DSFs at the distnace.

Is there any way to increase the distance for scenery rendering at high altitude?

The "Blurries" you are see at high altitudes are low resolution Earth Orbit Textures.

Since they are textures, You can improve them somewhat by increasing the texture detail option.

Is it a bug or even a feature? See the discussion from here on ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I'd say it's a "bugiture" or a "feabug"....  There's both of it in it....

It's a feature because it really prevents the simulation engine from becoming overwhelmed by scenery elements to process, given the approach X-plane 10 follows regarding how it calculates what is withing it's "range".

It's a bug because no one can find that it is anyway plausible, in the looks...

Probably we should better call it a LIMITATION....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

It's a bug because no one can find that it is anyway plausible, in the looks...

On the other hand, a bug is something what was not intended ...

Probably we should better call it a LIMITATION....

Difficult to find the correct wording :P, but this one is not this bad ... We should start a further discussion with finickiness :lol:.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

From a 3 years old post on Ben Supnik blog:

"In the long term, we need to load more DSFs, probably twelve instead of six. X-Plane 10 already has some improvements in how scenery shift is done, but my guess is that we can’t productize this until we have a 64-bit build (since more DSFs chew more memory), so I expect this to happen in a patch."

( http://developer.x-plane.com/2011/01/100-mile-visibility/ )

Now that they've gone 64 bits, and since they certainly know this is one of the most frequent complaints about X-Plane, IMHO this should be now quite high on their priority list.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Now that they've gone 64 bits, and since they certainly know this is one of the most frequent complaints about X-Plane, IMHO this should be now quite high on their priority list.

So, let's see what XP10.30 brings B). XP10.22 is around half a year behind us - what is a relatively long time in XP terms (10.25 was only a small update). Longer time means usually bigger steps - for obvious reasons ...

My fsx setups looks so good and real,

I bet you spent a few $$$ to make it look "so good and real". Did you manage to get rid of the pop-ups and blurries?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I bet you spent a few $$$ to make it look "so good and real". Did you manage to get rid of the pop-ups and blurries?

last time I had blurries was in FS9 5years ago.  My PC is fast and well setup...NO BLURRIES!

Let's not start another s X-plane debate... Useless, as we all know... We use both because we like both... As useless as to parents discussing which of their children they prefer... :-)

And sometimes we prefer one of them, surely, when it's tantrum time..... :-)

But I agree the blurr is very annoying, and I also do not like the haze curtain effect, and it's still here too :-/

Main Simulation Rig: