Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good flight!

The 777 in LOWI? I have never thought of doing this haha :D

I think RSR might have still been drunk from Christmas day lol! :lol:

Chris Howard

The 777 in LOWI? I have never thought of doing this haha :D

Been there, done that :) fits like a glove :)

OOOh, yes, forgot!

Anyway- I'm not sure where I am off to today. The runway length at LOWI limits the amount of fuel I can take, but perhaps LGAV for dinner with Dr. EV(il)...   We shall see...

Take it to Corfu! That one is fun as well, and Lauda used to take his 777 there once in a while.

Merry Christmas And a Happy new year to the whole PMDG Team.

The flight simulation world would not be the same without you!!

Johan,

I landed it on RW08, of course!  Was in the mood for a bit of hand flying, or as one of my pilot friends calls it:  Man-Work.

Flew it last night from LOWI to LPMA.  The NDB05 with the visual turn in the dark of night can make you sit up a bit in the seat, especially as you make the turn toward the coast only to find it is shrouded in cloud cover.

I have to figure out the "local tricks" to put vertical guidance into the FMS for that runway.  I went missed on the first try when I realized I was 200' high turning final.  Second time worked out just fine, but that might have been as much luck as pilot skill.

Not sure where I'm headed tonight...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Was in the mood for a bit of hand flying,

Robert:

I might have missed it elsewhere, but could you tell us which yoke and throttles you're using in your FSX flying?  A good set, well-calibrated, makes all the difference in hand-flying FSX and I'm still struggling with my Saitek setup on the more complicated approaches. Thanks and Happy New Year to all the hard-working PMDG Team!

Johan,

I landed it on RW08, of course!  Was in the mood for a bit of hand flying, or as one of my pilot friends calls it:  Man-Work.

Flew it last night from LOWI to LPMA.  The NDB05 with the visual turn in the dark of night can make you sit up a bit in the seat, especially as you make the turn toward the coast only to find it is shrouded in cloud cover.

I have to figure out the "local tricks" to put vertical guidance into the FMS for that runway.  I went missed on the first try when I realized I was 200' high turning final.  Second time worked out just fine, but that might have been as much luck as pilot skill.

Not sure where I'm headed tonight...

Ah 08 is very nice indeed hehe i remember doing it a bunch of times with the 744 always fun and tricky how about you try to fly and land at PAJN(Juneau i believe in Alaska) that's a bit tricky as well LDA 08 approach is the one to fly especially that last turn gives you a bit of Kai Tak feeling haha.

Robert:

I might have missed it elsewhere, but could you tell us which yoke and throttles you're using in your FSX flying?  A good set, well-calibrated, makes all the difference in hand-flying FSX and I'm still struggling with my Saitek setup on the more complicated approaches. Thanks and Happy New Year to all the hard-working PMDG Team!

Jerry-

I am currently sporting a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and the saitek rudders.

We are still, after 18 months living in a temporary setup while we look for a house we like in a neighborhood we want to live in...  (Northern VA real estate is a fascinating show.)  This being the case I haven't really been able to set up a decent sim rig- so I sprang for the HOTAS since it takes up only a small amount of real estate on the desk, has tremendous feel quality and also a ton of interoperability through the TARGET software...

I keep promising Paul that I am going to geek out and build a proper simulator with visuals once we get a house found...

He has listened to my hairbrained ideas before- and somehow they always seem to pan out.  LOL

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hope you and the team all had a great Christmas and an even better New Year!  Thanks for pushing out such great products!  I find the NGX is pretty much all I fly these days.  It just "feels" right and is so complete that every time I sit down with it I learn something new.  Sheesh, all the addons I've bought over the last year or two because of it is astounding, lol!  I only wish my rig was more stable so I could spend more time flying and less time tinkering!

Tony

Installed ActiveSky Next and Rex 4

Maybe some hidden promotion here, but together with the announcements of expanding their product range to P3D and Xplane, another proof that PMDG doesn't only care about their own products short term sales, but understands that FSX is old and has no future. PMDG helps our community to develop a long-term strategy to keep this hobby going. PMDG, REX and Hifitech as add-ons and P3D or, after some more development XPlane, would clearly be our community's "alliance of quality" us 'realism-minded' simmers are waiting and hoping for.

We should be greatful for PMDG's commercial intelligence and understanding as it is a great service to the future of our community.

Thank you and happy new year to all!

Ralf

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and the entire team!!!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Happy (belated) Christmas and all the best for the New year to the PMDG team!

A happy and successful 2014 to you RSR and all at Orbx.

Ummm...I meant PMDG, sorry. Gawd!

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org