Sign in to follow this  
X_Man

777-200LR Seating Configuration

I am sure this has been answered but I will ask anyway. The Boeing 777-200LR as several configurations chosen by different airlines but technically they all are only two class configurations and not three (splitting a couple of seats in Economy class and calling it Economy Comfort and charging a little more isn't the same). So why does PMDGs version have 1st Class, Business Class and Economy Class verses only two classes both KLM and Delta Airlines versions that PMDG are simulating.

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/acaps/777rsec2.pdf (page 16) and SeatGuru

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

Hej

I think maybe PMDG did it to keep some people happy. Lets not forget that Emirates operate the Boeing 77L and they have a 8 First Class, 42 business and 216 economy.

If you take into account non LR airlines such as American, British Airways and some others, many of which do have a three or even four class cabin  B)

I must admit it would be nice to have more seating choice so to be able to switch from a two class cabin to a four class cabin to a three class cabin. Maybe we will see that in the update?

Kimberly Richmond-Jones

Fair enough - so which airline actually uses the three class configuration provided? 

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

The config PMDG has the LR is does not carry many passengers that's for sure. I think its around 272? I too was wondering if they will update to allow the change of the configuration of the airplane at least from 3 class to 2 class. Hope to see this in the 777-300ER with 1 class, 2 class and 3 class possibilities.

In the end, it doesn't really matter how many passengers are in the passenger cabin. I know at least one airline doesn't divide it into zones for weight and balance. What needs to be separated for weight and balance is mainly the total passenger/crew weight, forward cargo, aft cargo, and bulk hold weight. As cargo and luggage is easier to take exact weights of, each container is factored into the balance and arranged accordingly.

As determined by this (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415238-question-for-the-beta´s-how-much-passengers-can-the-pmdg-777lr-carry/) thread from the time of the 777's release, weight is just weight and the balance of that weight is not as significant compared to that of smaller aircraft. It was suggested that some airlines don't take weight of passengers vs cargo in dispatching as all that really mattered was the ZFW/GW.

Guys,

I just want everyone to be aware of this so there's no drama over it at release:

Unfortunately we've determined that this is actually a serious amount of work to do and it is not going to be possible to have it for the initial release of the airplane. To change the system would cause a lengthy delay in release that we don't think would be acceptable to most people waiting to buy the product. We will look at it for SP1.

Please keep in mind as many others have said here - weight is weight. There's nothing "wrong" about the way it is currently configured - you can load the exact same amount of weight as any airline's config would be - a 77L always has the same maximum weight for the airframe and it doesn't matter in the slightest to the airplane whether it comes in the form of passengers or cargo/baggage. Even if we were able to code this feature for release it would simply be a pretend/visual thing. Configuring for more passengers would reduce your max cargo etc - push and pull to stay within that max weight limit.

Thanks for understanding - we will do something post release, but it's just not something we feel we should delay the release for.

Let me know if I made any errors in my understanding and I will be happy to edit my post.

This has been discussed before, as some people have said, you can use a tool like PFPX or similar to set a higher passenger count and then manually enter the ZFW in the FMC. When setting up a profile for a particular livery, just specify a higher passenger count. I do understand the OCD nature of myself and others, wanting the FMC Payload page to match what they want - but remember this page is actually not in the real aircraft, which does not know or care about seat count, only total ZFW and cargo distribution AFT\FWD. In much smaller airplanes, passenger count might make a bigger difference. It might frighten some people to know that most flights go out several tonnes up or down on what the pilots actually have on their paperwork, and on a plane as big as this, you wont even notice the effect on performance.