Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

500 hours later with the PMDG 777...

Nice marketing story 

If this was some kind of marketing story, why would I pick to do it nearly half a year after release and AFTER Christmas? Logic to that.... this was aimed towards everyone working at PMDG. There is not one ''bug'' that affects normal operations of the B777. I wouldn't start blaming your issues directly on the 777 without hard prof that you've tested x-flight with a different aircraft and have succeeded. This isn't meant to be a review - this is my opinion. I have no issues with this aircraft. There are a couple of things I'd like to see in it that aren't possible within Flight Simulator X. 

EDIT: BTW I noticed at night, the Glide slope inhibit button right above the gear lever is pitch black compared to other buttons in the flight-deck, is that normal?

Thanks bud. I did the DXB>CPH>ORD freighter run during testing, but yet to get round to the return. I'm currently 141nm off 78N090W on my DXB>LHR>ANC>NRT>KUL>DXB round trip ha. That is indeed normal. P.s - nice photo! I think I'm following that guy on Instagram/Flickr hehe.

I'm disappointed to EFB. I hope it will be added in a future update after SP1?

For your own sake, don't expect it. Unless a decent deal can be worked out to cut the costs.... TopCat are adding the 777 in the coming weeks - that's probably what you should look at for performance. As for charts, check out Navigraph. A few airlines are even ditching the Boeing EFB as the iPad/Laptop way is much cheaper. 

Luke side note have you got any tips for taxing. 

Thanks Ash! Practice makes perfect!! It's all about judging on how much to overshoot the centreline... I was pretty rubbish at first and still not perfect. Take them nice and slow at 10 knots and just keep at it. I'm not really sure how to explain it ha. 

1) what speed do you intercept the loc? I find I can't slow down if I intercept at speed of 190 a 200 knots.

2) hand flying down the glide slope I have a tough time trimming and it seems to want to float up.

Cheers Mark! Normally 190/180 knots and am at least 10DME by the time of interception. I pretty much always vector myself to the LOC or IAF if I'm doing a VOR/RNAV. Then once established on the ILS/VNAV PTH, I normally do the 160 knots to 4>6 DME. To get from 190/180 to 160 on the glide path can be tricky and many times it won't go at flap 5 - so I normally take 15 and a bit of speedbrake action. Sometimes I need the gear earlier than other times. Really can vary! My last landing at Heathrow was 154 knots - so to do 160 knots down I needed the gear and flap 25. Don't be afraid to use those speedbrakes! If you watch a lot of 777 videos, you'll probably notice they use them most on base/down glide slope. 

As for the hand flying, I don't think there's much need to trim. This of course is being addressed in SP1. So most of the time I don't unless I'm forced in a pitch angle I don't want. 

There is not one ''bug'' that affects normal operations of the B777. I wouldn't start blaming your issues directly on the 777 without hard prof that you've tested x-flight with a different aircraft and have succeeded. This isn't meant to be a review - this is my opinion. I have no issues with this aircraft. There are a couple of things I'd like to see in it that aren't possible within Flight Simulator X. 

I don't know about the poster that initially responded to you, but I have actually tried the same exact flight with the 737ngx and airbus x extended and the 777 does use more vas which can lead to oom when combined with other addons. There are bugs that affect normal operations, but they do not prevent the plane from being flown and they are being addressed in the next update.

One thing I do want mention on my setup is that I do disable all my external models, meaning I only fly in cockpit view and my external view of model is not showing, some would say its dumb but for me it gives two things forces me to fly plane as pilot and stay in cockpit for duration of flight and second better fps. If I do want to enjoy external model for screenshots etc I'll enable it temporary. So that's me. And my setup.

Thx,

Andrei

I edit the files before i start FSX and flight, the files located under simobjects for model option you can disable and enabled it via that method by editing a model.cfg file. see below if you are interested:

[models]
//normal=PMDG_777_200LR.MDL  <------------------ putting // infront disables visual model from outside.
interior=PMDG_777_VC

file is found under model section of the plane you are trying to edit same folder where, texture, panel, etc  located.

THX,

Andrei.

I edit the files before i start FSX and flight, the files located under simobjects for model option you can disable and enabled it via that method by editing a model.cfg file. see below if you are interested:

[models]
//normal=PMDG_777_200LR.MDL  <------------------ putting // infront disables visual model from outside.
interior=PMDG_777_VC

file is found under model section of the plane you are trying to edit same folder where, texture, panel, etc  located.

THX,

Andrei.

Do you notice a dramatic difference in vas usage compared to if you did not do the edit and just stayed in the cockpit the whole time?

That is indeed normal. P.s - nice photo! I think I'm following that guy on Instagram/Flickr hehe.

Yep, he flies with Korean Air on the Boeing 777 as an FO. I like their yellowish tie they wear too :) 

This IMO is the best shot I've seen so far this year. They say a picture speaks a thousand words...

11581683974_9ef28e922b_o.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Aside the master caution light glitch with the cold and dark (which I use for my VIP plane) I haven't experienced any issues as well, I got around the MC glitch by making my own cold and dark state.

This is really what I am waiting for before I dive in, really not the same without it

This adds even more reality

If this was some kind of marketing story, why would I pick to do it nearly half a year after release and AFTER Christmas? Logic to that.... this was aimed towards everyone working at PMDG. There is not one ''bug'' that affects normal operations of the B777. I wouldn't start blaming your issues directly on the 777 without hard prof that you've tested x-flight with a different aircraft and have succeeded. This isn't meant to be a review - this is my opinion. I have no issues with this aircraft. There are a couple of things I'd like to see in it that aren't possible within Flight Simulator X.    Thanks bud. I did the DXB>CPH>ORD freighter run during testing, but yet to get round to the return. I'm currently 141nm off 78N090W on my DXB>LHR>ANC>NRT>KUL>DXB round trip ha. That is indeed normal. P.s - nice photo! I think I'm following that guy on Instagram/Flickr hehe.   For your own sake, don't expect it. Unless a decent deal can be worked out to cut the costs.... TopCat are adding the 777 in the coming weeks - that's probably what you should look at for performance. As for charts, check out Navigraph. A few airlines are even ditching the Boeing EFB as the iPad/Laptop way is much cheaper.    Thanks Ash! Practice makes perfect!! It's all about judging on how much to overshoot the centreline... I was pretty rubbish at first and still not perfect. Take them nice and slow at 10 knots and just keep at it. I'm not really sure how to explain it ha.    Cheers Mark! Normally 190/180 knots and am at least 10DME by the time of interception. I pretty much always vector myself to the LOC or IAF if I'm doing a VOR/RNAV. Then once established on the ILS/VNAV PTH, I normally do the 160 knots to 4>6 DME. To get from 190/180 to 160 on the glide path can be tricky and many times it won't go at flap 5 - so I normally take 15 and a bit of speedbrake action. Sometimes I need the gear earlier than other times. Really can vary! My last landing at Heathrow was 154 knots - so to do 160 knots down I needed the gear and flap 25. Don't be afraid to use those speedbrakes! If you watch a lot of 777 videos, you'll probably notice they use them most on base/down glide slope.  As for the hand flying, I don't think there's much need to trim. This of course is being addressed in SP1. So most of the time I don't unless I'm forced in a pitch angle I don't want.

I will look. Thanks for the information. Otherwise I use my Ipad

Cheers Mark! Normally 190/180 knots and am at least 10DME by the time of interception. I pretty much always vector myself to the LOC or IAF if I'm doing a VOR/RNAV. Then once established on the ILS/VNAV PTH, I normally do the 160 knots to 4>6 DME. To get from 190/180 to 160 on the glide path can be tricky and many times it won't go at flap 5 - so I normally take 15 and a bit of speedbrake action. Sometimes I need the gear earlier than other times. Really can vary! My last landing at Heathrow was 154 knots - so to do 160 knots down I needed the gear and flap 25. Don't be afraid to use those speedbrakes! If you watch a lot of 777 videos, you'll probably notice they use them most on base/down glide slope. 

As for the hand flying, I don't think there's much need to trim. This of course is being addressed in SP1. So most of the time I don't unless I'm forced in a pitch angle I don't want. 

Thanks for the info,  I have had to use the speedbrakes on the ILS, good to know that is somewhat normal.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Luke side note have you got any tips for taxing. I have referenced the indoc, FCOM, and FCTM, but moving her from one side of the airport to the other continues to kick my Butt. I under/over steer her and I have never had a problem taxing with the NGX, MD11, 747. I use saitek rudders and yoke....... I just hope NYC port authority doesn't find out how many blue taxi lights my boogies destroyed last time i was there.

Ash Keelson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ash,

Additional to what Luke has already said, Youtube "how to taxi a 777" parts 1 & 2 are what I follow in the PMDG 777 - works just fine.

Thanks

One of my favourite posts of the year. Love that passion.

Hi,

I would love the 300ER and the SP1! We need it, I am sure of it.

I recently discovered a strange issue, when I was approaching with the T7, it pitched over 40deg. and I had to disengage the AP in order to correct it.

It was not a pleasent view for me nor a good feeling for the passangers, it was during a turn when I was configuring for the localizer capture. 

The airplane simply wanted to stall itself, pitching high as mentioned before. This was 2,000ft AGL. 

Perhaps there are other bugs, but overall it flies damn well. 

Just as Mark mentioned, I feel this bird is keen on keeping itself in the air. I have to use the speedbrakes quite often, not without a reason ofc. she is a heay.

Regards,

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I'm still learning TONES about this aeroplane and feel it's only the start of possibilities - because lets face it, the 777 series has endless possibilities!

I was actually helping someone learn the TONES of leaning an engine this Saturday.

___

|     |

o    o

...sorry...I had to. :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

10490165_4270322094306_1742565394_n.jpg?10423510_4270322134307_2065088615_n.jpg?10488897_4270322054305_376137418_n.jpg?o10518912_4301358590199_640191095_n.jpg?o

in the 777-300 series have light in the under wings,maybe this light for cameras in the night taxi,Whether this light is in new pmdg 777-300er?..