I am having a few issues with the X52 pro and need help re-configuring it.

1. I can see 2 sets of installations as follows :

One instance on C:\program files\Saitek

One instance on C:\program files (x86)\Saitek

Is this correct?

2. I am not able to get the trim wheel on the throttle to work.  FSUIPC does not recognise it at all.  The test page on the devices and printers however respond to the movement of the trim wheel.  I have read a few posts somewhere where folks are using the trim wheel on the throttle as a elevator trim.

3. The NAV and the COM on the MFD respond to the changes on the panel in the aircraft.  However, the MFD does not take any input by itself.

4. Noticed that the light on the stick flickers at times.

Can someone help me out with this.  Ran thru the saitek official forums but could not solve these problems with the recommendations found there.  I have a feeling that a clean install would resolve the problem, however, i would need guidance to clean every trace of the controller first which I understand is quite challenging.  

Ted

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

As for FSUIPC and the trim wheel ( I assume you mean the little vertical wheel on the reverse side of the throttle ) - if I remember correctly, I had to have the Saitek software running in the systray before it would work. Make sure you have all the latest drivers and programming software from Saitek, make sure they are running, and then try.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2. I am not able to get the trim wheel on the throttle to work.  FSUIPC does not recognise it at all.  The test page on the devices and printers however respond to the movement of the trim wheel.  I have read a few posts somewhere where folks are using the trim wheel on the throttle as a elevator trim.

Hi Teddy

I use the "I" Rotary wheel for elevator trim but not through FSUIPC. I just set it up direct in FSX controls in the axis tab - the only issue I've found is that it can be a bit sensitive for some addon aircraft. I'd post a screen shot for you but I'm in the process of a complete FSX reinstall if I can ever get FSX Gold to run.

Cheers Pete

I used the X36, then X52 and finally the X52pro for years without any problems (I now use the Warthog) All I can tell you is what I used to do. Install ONLY the drivers, I NEVER used their programming software. Then go to C:/Windows/System32 scroll down till you come to a group of files starting with Sai. (the drivers) Remove the one named SaiD0762.pro and put it somewhere safe. Then, (very important) unplug the X52pro from your computer, then plug back in. Now, every single button and axis on the X52 can be assigned either through FSX or a registered version of FSUIPC. The flickering lights on the stick sounds like a poor connection with the cable that connects the throttle and stick.

/Russell.

Hi Smoky,

Interesting information about the X52Pro.

Will give it a try!

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

Russell

Man, you made my day.  Was looking for a solution to the trim wheel problem for a while now.  Your solution was the right one.

Any clue about how to make the MFD work?

Thanks once again.  Compliments of the season.

Ted

Teddy

I'm glad that helped. It's so long since I used the X52pro, I can't remember about the MFD. If I come up with anything, I'll post it on here.

/Russell.

I seem to remember it needs a plugin to run. Look in C:/Program Files/Saitek/DirectOutput/SaiFlightsim.exe See if clicking on that exe gets it running. Can't check it myself as I don't have any Saitek stuff on my system now.

I used the X36, then X52 and finally the X52pro for years without any problems (I now use the Warthog) All I can tell you is what I used to do. Install ONLY the drivers, I NEVER used their programming software. Then go to C:/Windows/System32 scroll down till you come to a group of files starting with Sai. (the drivers) Remove the one named SaiD0762.pro and put it somewhere safe. Then, (very important) unplug the X52pro from your computer, then plug back in. Now, every single button and axis on the X52 can be assigned either through FSX or a registered version of FSUIPC. The flickering lights on the stick sounds like a poor connection with the cable that connects the throttle and stick. /Russell.

Hi Smoky942,

I got the X52. Is there any chance you know what driver (if any) needs to be removed to achieve the same results?

(It doesn't have a "SaiD0762.pro", instead there is a "SaiD075C.pro"-file), would that be the same for the X52?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanx in advance,

Pat

I seem to remember it needs a plugin to run. Look in C:/Program Files/Saitek/DirectOutput/SaiFlightsim.exe See if clicking on that exe gets it running. Can't check it myself as I don't have any Saitek stuff on my system now.

I had read about the SaiFlightsim.exe thing before.  It is running by itself when I launch FSX.  As informed earlier, when I change the com and nav freq's using the mouse in the sim, the change shows up on the MFD, but I cannot change the freq's from the MFD using the 2 scroll buttons.  

Ted

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Crashdive.....It probably is. As far as I can remember, there should only be only one of the Sai. files that ends .pro I suppose it depends on which drivers you have. I remember it being SaiD0255.pro at one time, before becoming SaiD0762 with later drivers. It's over a year since I got rid of my X52pro. so maybe it's changed again. Take it out and put it in another folder. Unplug/replug your X52 and try it. If you find no difference, you can then put it back.

Ted...I remember mine was the same. Never did work out how to change them with the scroll wheels, or even if it was possible. It needs someone who still uses the X52pro to come to your help.

/Russell.

Ted...I remember mine was the same. Never did work out how to change them with the scroll wheels, or even if it was possible. It needs someone who still uses the X52pro to come to your help. /Russell.

Russell

Got it.  Looks like this is the best one can get from the X52 Pro.  Thanks once again and wish you a Happy New Year

Ted

Happy new year to you too Ted. You'll have to excuse my memory (not what it used to be) but now I vaguely remember. A guy going under the name "BlackSwift" wrote a little user interface plugin which allowed you to use the MFD in the manner you would like. He got to ver.1.3 but his site is long gone. Whether his plugin was ever incorporated into later Saitek drivers, I've no idea. I remember that, if you could'nt get it to work, they told you to rename DirectOutput.dll to DirectOutputx86.dll and it would work. Worth a try, I suppose. You could google BlackSwift X52 and see if you can get hold of the plugin.

/Russell.

Russel

Checked for the Blacksmith plugin as suggested by you and found 2 issues....

1. This plugin is no more available for download

2. I think it was made for FS9 only

Somewhere else I found that I should delete all the 3 folders similar to c:\windows\winsxs\x86.microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect.......... and this could solve the problem.  However, they say that one has to unistall FSX first.  I checked the folders and all 3 of them have just the simconnect.dll file in them.

Any suggestions?

Ted

Ted,

As far as I'm aware, it's the DirectOutput.dll that communicates with the MFD. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC, it MAY be possible to get the MFD to do what you want through a LUA. script ... if you can find someone to write one (I can't) There are a lot of smart guys out there. I can't even try anything as I don't have the X52 or FSX on my computer now, only both versions of Prepar3D and the Warthog.

Russell.