Thanks for the link.  I can see the com and nav info on the MFD.  But nothing changes when I scroll the right or the left button on the MFD.  Therefore, the instruction from the post is for someone who is not able to figure out how to use the MFD provided it is working.  In my case, it is not working.

Ted

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

Folks, I have been having the nightmare from hell with the MadCatz drivers.

I have just built a new rig (see my side board) and very nice too but when it came to loading the latest MadCatz drivers my Christmas turned into a mad battle between what Windows wants to do and what I need to do.  I've had the X52 Pro for a while and use the MadCatz profile editor in conjunction with EZDok.  The throttle wheel I use to map the FSX key commands for increase\decrease selection (basically zoom in\out).

Well the drivers would simply not load.  I spent many hours trying to resolve this issue including contacting the Saitek support guy in Sydney who gave me some useful advice but alas it still didn't work.  I think I have finally solved the problem which seems to be an incompatibility with the Intel USB3 controller drivers and the USB2 device (the X52).  I say this because I uninstalled the Intel drivers and then the MadCatz drivers and profiling software installed normally.  My mistake was then to re-install the Intel USB drivers.  This then caused the profiling software to fail so I attempted to uninstall the Intel drivers again.  Nope they now won't uninstall and somehow my Logitech Setpoint software is stuffed and won't uninstall either.

After so many system lock ups and restores I will now re-format my hard drive and start again.  I am really fed up and would be using much more colourful language if I was not communicating my experience on a public forum.

Tom

With the X52 Pro, I think all of us will reach a point where we cannot get anything more from it.  In my case, it is the MFD which refuses to work.  I am not uninstalling FSX just to make the MFD work.  I am done with finding a solution for this problem.

That finally leaves us with the Madcatz guys.  They sell the products and after that, you are left to your own devices to figure out the solution to your problems.  I think all the X52 Pro customers should come together and boycott the upcoming Saitek product until they find a fix for the existing products that they have dumped in the market.

Do you think we should start a thread for this boycott?

Ted

I have the same problem - the X52 Pro MFD refuses to communicate with FSX, and all those functions are lost.

This is on my new computer .... if I plug the X52 Pro into my old computer, everything works.   I have read that the problem could be caused by USB 3, but uninstalling everything Saitek and a reinstall using a USB 2 port did not fix it.

Dave.

Tom

With the X52 Pro, I think all of us will reach a point where we cannot get anything more from it.  In my case, it is the MFD which refuses to work.  I am not uninstalling FSX just to make the MFD work.  I am done with finding a solution for this problem.

That finally leaves us with the Madcatz guys.  They sell the products and after that, you are left to your own devices to figure out the solution to your problems.  I think all the X52 Pro customers should come together and boycott the upcoming Saitek product until they find a fix for the existing products that they have dumped in the market.

Do you think we should start a thread for this boycott?

Ted

Ted,

I'm not sure a boycott would be particularly useful in this instance but perhaps we should have a post dedicated to the X52 Pro and related issues.  I'll be re-installing Windows soon and will first load the MadCatz drivers.  This time I will not be installing the USB3 controllers.  I have a second machine (my old one which I've rebuilt for the kids) and the drivers installed no problem but on that mobo there is no USB3.  I like the stick and the profile editor but it is a little tricky to figure out.  One thing I don't like is the notch in the throttle but I hear some people remove that.

I have the same problem - the X52 Pro MFD refuses to communicate with FSX, and all those functions are lost.

This is on my new computer .... if I plug the X52 Pro into my old computer, everything works.   I have read that the problem could be caused by USB 3, but uninstalling everything Saitek and a reinstall using a USB 2 port did not fix it.

Dave.

Dave, you need to install the drivers first and then the profile software.  Make sure you 'Run as Administrator'.  The latest versions (for Win 7/64) can be downloaded from Saitek and are...

Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_27_13_x64_Drivers.exe

Smart Technology 7_0_27_13 64Bit.exe

If the drivers failed to install then follow this procedure from Saitek support (Sydney).

1. Unplug your device from the computer

2. Uninstall the drivers

3. Uninstall the SST programming software

4. Delete the Saitek folders from the following paths :

C:\Program Files

C:\Windows\Temp

5. Delete Saitek registry entries:

-Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box. Type regedit and then click ok.

The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+HKEY_CURRENT_USER

+System

+CurrentControlSet

+Control

+Media Properties

+Private Properties

+Direct Input

Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3.

Close Registry Editor.

6. Download and install USBDeview from the link below.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview-x64.zip

Once installed - Right click on the icon and select run as administrator.

It will show you all the USB devices you have had installed on the PC.

Remove any Saitek entries as well as the unknown ones.

6. Reboot

7. Install the latest drivers and DO NOT PLUG IN YOUR X52 until the install program ASKS you to or you will have to redo this whole process.

If you have the Intel USB3 controllers installed then you will probably have to uninstall them first.  I hope Saitek will develop some new drivers that are compatible with USB3 supported mobos.  I will follow up with them on this.

Hi Smoky942,

I got the X52. Is there any chance you know what driver (if any) needs to be removed to achieve the same results?

(It doesn't have a "SaiD0762.pro", instead there is a "SaiD075C.pro"-file), would that be the same for the X52?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanx in advance,

Pat

Hi Crashdrive -- I'm an X52 user and I ran across this info a few months ago.  I renamed SaiD0255.pro to SaiD0255.pro.OLD so I could return it to its former state in case taking it out of the loop caused problems.  It's a safe bet that the file you mention (SaiD075C.pro) is the one you want to delete or rename.

It's a little more work configuring the controls via FSUIPC vs Saitek's programming software, but it's definitely worth the effort.  No more squirrelly, inexplicable control problems.  You do give up the clock functionality on the throttle display, but that's not a big deal to me.  In fact, you can now program those buttons and the formerly useless "latch" button to do whatever you want, which is a definite plus as far as I'm concerned.

Richard P. Kelly

Sorted - Been looking for a solution to this for a long while and the replies I got fixed it for me hope it helps you too 
Cheers Pete

Is your MFD functioning properly?  I am not able to make changes in the MFD so as to change the NAV & COM freq in the sim.  I cannot change the pages using the scroll wheel too.  All I can do is use the chronometer on the MFD

Ted

Hi folks

I'm using P3Dv1.4 at the moment.  Was given an X52 pro by my son who had migrated to a yoke.  MFD screen worked fine with the radiostack.  Then I made the mistake of upgrading the drivers (silly me) to the v7 type. MFD stopped working. Investigations showed that v7 drivers are not good with the X52 pro. 

Used WhiteKnuckle's method above to get rid of everybit of Saitek software and then reloaded old v6 driver  (not SST).

Guess what, it all works again (yes, including radiostack).  I now control things (flaps, gear etc) using a combination of FSUIPC and LINDA and the buttons/switches on the X52 pro.

There is hope after all !

Pete

Great tip about the scroll wheel on the back of the throttle for the trim!

I managed to get the MFD working (ish) but I had to use the v 6.2.2.4 drivers. it would display using the latest drivers but the controls wouldn't adjust it. With the v6.2.2.4 drivers it does work but It's a little bit flaky. Com1 doesn't always work, but other than that it is working.

hope that helps

Brian

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Hi everyone Im new here but have just purchased the x52 pro and have the same symptoms on the mfd.  Works fine apart from I cannot change the Nav/Radio ect.  Looked everywhere for a fix to no avail. Running latest drivers from the Saitek website on windows 7 64bit.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi everyone Im new here but have just purchased the x52 pro and have the same symptoms on the mfd.  Works fine apart from I cannot change the Nav/Radio ect.  Looked everywhere for a fix to no avail. Running latest drivers from the Saitek website on windows 7 64bit.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy and welcome to the group.

Congratulations on your purchase! The answer you seek is in these 2 pages,read the thread from the beginning so you can see what others have tried and what works and what doesn't.

As you'll see from my post just above yours  :rolleyes:  the old drivers are the way to go, but Whiteknuckle explains it perfectly on page 1 http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430326-saitek-x52-pro/?p=2894870.

Good luck 

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Hi Brian thank you very much for the warm welcome and reply :smile:.

I have seen the earlier posts to this topic and Im now clear on what to do.  Do you know where I can locate the previous drivers because it doesn't seem to be on the Saitek website.

Thanks again Brian

Jimmy