Sign in to follow this  
fretei156

Navigating x-plane 3d Caranado c90b

Hi community.

Have for many years flown around in fs9, and the 2d cockpit, but have now stepped over in the x-plane 3d world.

and I have a cuple of questions in that regard.

First:

Can anyone tell me the best way to navigate around in the cockpit, I use the saitek x25 system, and have toyed round with the hat switches,

but Im not totally satisfyed with the motion, so i could use some help.

secondly 

Have also treated me with the  Carenado C90B King Air as a bonus this year, a grate plane, but have you figured out if I there are any shortcuts

to select the different areas of the cockpit, , or do i have to open the control and select the area from the 

panel and then X it out ..

Best X-mas wishes 

Tore 

1st: What I've found best is to use the mouse (hold right click and move) to move the camera. Then the arrow keys plus the , and . keys to move up down etc.

2nd: Whenever I get a new plane, the first thing I do is set up the custom view system. You find a certain position in the cockpit you like, say a pedestal view for example, then save it by pressing CTRL+(number from 1-9). Then to go to that view, just press the numpad number you selected for it.

I did this with my Carenado planes with the view system panel, I clicked on each view then saved it like how I described above. Now I just have to press one key instead of opening the panel ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Jesse just summarized the most important aspects, I would just like to add that I use the "," and "." keys on my keyboard to move back/forth too.

Also, in HDR mode, and at night with a cold & dark cockpit, you can use the "Aviation Flashlight" feature, which is very usefull and will allow you to focus on a given area and at the same time interact with it. It's found under "View", last item on 10.25  - but greyed out and not available if you're not in HDR mode...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Also, in HDR mode, and at night with a cold & dark cockpit, you can use the "Aviation Flashlight" feature, which is very usefull and will allow you to focus on a given area and at the same time interact with it. It's found under "View", last item on 10.25  - but greyed out and not available if you're not in HDR mode...

Or even better, I've added a shortcut for the "Aviation Flashlight" to the "F" key. Easy to remember instead of fumbling through menus  B)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

There is a plugin for hat switches on the .org that adds the ability to look diagonals (upper-right/left..etc) I use. I also have one button set to "snap" back to the pilot seat which also activates 3D view. Also as mentioned learn to use the quick view setup, I use a standard for all my planes...

1=pilot

2=middle -MCP

3=pilot looking right

4=pilot leaning up over dash

5=overheard

6=pedestal

7=passenger seat

8=chase view.

Hi folks.

Thanks for a lot of good information..

I especially liked the 

Whenever I get a new plane, the first thing I do is set up the custom view system. You find a certain position in the cockpit you like, say a pedestal view for example, then save it by presing CTRL+(number from 1-9). Then to go to that view, just press the numpad number you selected for it.
I did this with my Carenado planes with the view system panel, I clicked on each view then saved it like how I described above. Now I just have to press one key instead of opening the panel ;) 

So I tried this, but with out any big success 

I opend the panel, selected pedestal, pressed ctrl+1, (tried this vith both the upper and numpad numbers), closesd the panel, and tried the

Ctrl+1 numpad, but no go..

Do I need a plugin or something,Using "clean " xpx, The only thing i have set up is the stick and throttle....

tore

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but stil no success, Numlock is on, I select my view, and presses ctrl+1

reverts to another view, tries the the 1 key but nothings happens

Have also tried with different planes ex default barron 58

Perhaps a re install will fixit ...

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but stil no success, Numlock is on, I select my view, and presses ctrl+1

reverts to another view, tries the the 1 key but nothings happens

Have also tried with different planes ex default barron 58

Perhaps a re install will fixit ...

Are you using the NUMPAD keys and not the regular number keys? Also make sure you have the latest XPlane version 10.25 as the quickview system was recently added.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.