Sign in to follow this  
Ingemarsson

REX 4 not working because of .NET Framework 4.5.

Dear all,

I'm facing a very weird and upsetting obstacle in installing REX 4. I've downloaded this soft through simmarket and have launched the setup.exe included within the REX 4 folder.

During the installation process, I've been forced to install as well .NET Framework 4.5 prior to the installation of REX 4. Ok, for me that was fine as I already saw that in other software installations. The thing is, during this installation, I've got a message saying "an other processus is currently being installed. Please take few seconds, then click on RETRY. Otherwise, if you are executing an other installation processus in the same time of this one, close it, then click on RETRY. If this message is re-displayed, click on Cancel and relaunch this software" Please find the print screen of the process. 

x8xi.jpg

Facing this problem, I've choosen to bypass this .NET Framework 4.5 issue by downloading and installing the .NET Framework 4.5 directly from Microsoft.fr. I've downloaded and installed it without any problem. This time, .NET Framework 4.5. installed without any error message.

Then, I thought the problem was over, and I launch the REX 4 setup.exe, and have been through the entire installation without any problem.

However, when I launched the clickable REX 4 shortcut on my desktop, I got this message here :

edbp.jpg

Clicking on OK, I stay few seconds and then got the message "REX 4 has faced an error, and has shutdown" etc.

When I google some pieces of the long message above, my reseaches revealed that this must be link to ".NET Framework". I linked these two error messages together, and that lead me to an issue linked to .NET Framework 4.5... For me, an issue in .NET Framework 4.5 puts REX 4 in an instable situation, that leads to its shutdown..... 

But now, I'm currently blocked. I dont know how to proceed. I'm currently downloading .NET Framework 4. in order to try installing with the 4. Version, as the 4.5. seems to be problematic....

Do you have guys any idea on this issue ? I've read that REX OC has got some similar issues, but I did not find any clear solution....

I will try any of your solutions, as I have dedicated all my night to solve this issue :D

Thanks,

Ingemarsson

Could be a SQL server issue, not Net frame work. How did the beta testers miss this, as many have reported the issue, which I believe is being worked on.

Look for a SQL file in your installation folder. Uninstall Rex 4, then run the SQ file, then try to install Rex again.

I think there is 2, one for 32 and 64 OS

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You should peek at their forums, while you're there register, verify and post the problem. I think I already saw someone with this problem and I think he solved it.

Thank you all.

1. Badfinger, I tried what you proposed. It still did not work, and I still have this issue.

2. Adi518, I'm currently trying to access the REX forums. I already signed in, but now I need to be verified by the administrator (this is what I understood from other topics)... I sent to the administrator a message asking him to let me access to the forum and have added the evidence of my purchase (the activiation key is copied)...

In any case, this process is a very weird and upsetting manner to obtain some support from the company which has sold you a product... Very surprised for a product paid 30 Eur...

I hope they will be quick and will find a solution:)

I was thinking adi518, if you have an access to the messages of this solution, could you please share it so that I do not need to wait for these mysterious and time consuming steps ? That would be very helpful for me as I already spent few days in trying to find solutions to this problem..

Thanks !
Ing.

By the way, if someone wanna be sure I bought this program, I copied below the part of my confirmation email from simmarket (I have hidden of course the activation key)

"Détail de la commande:

1 x REX - REX4 TEXTURE DIRECT HD FSX P3DV1 P3DV2 () = EUR 30.23

Vendus par Real Environment Xtreme

Delivery Method Direct Download

Information/Votre clé d'enregistrement: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

Sous-Total: EUR 30.23

Taxes comprises: EUR 4.83

Total: EUR 30.23"

Nobody should have to go through a trouble shooting exercise to get it to run. Rex ESS was the same, with slow menu's etc.when first released.

No need to prove you own it, never doubted for a min that you did not

Good luck getting to install.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hey, that have been quite better ! I was able to declare my FSX folder location, and create a backup. But it has crashed few seconds after. I'm trying to reset and to retry. In any case I will install it again if it does not work.

I think we are on the good way.

I keep you updated.

Please tell me how did you find this ??? Rex forums ?

:D

Great adi518 :)

Dear Adi, this has worked.

I installed the file UIAutomationCore.dll in the folder sys32 and sys64.

Many thanks !!! I am so happy !

I go flying.

Ingemarsson

Hey, that have been quite better ! I was able to declare my FSX folder location, and create a backup. But it has crashed few seconds after. I'm trying to reset and to retry. In any case I will install it again if it does not work.

I think we are on the good way.

I keep you updated.

Please tell me how did you find this ??? Rex forums ?

:D

Great adi518 :)

The fix is posted in our forum, which you now have access to. We were a bit behind on verification because the holidays, my apologies.

@Adi, thanks!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Ok, I found the solution for you...

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2esp94c68f2qceh/UIAutomationCore.dll

Put it under: Windows/Sys64

i have the same problem

i follow ur fix, i download the file ad i try to copy it, but it give me a massege : you need to permission to perform this action.             try again            cancel

i can't copy it in this path

what to do now ?

Dear Sirs,

I am experiencing the same problem as Ingemarsson. Tried to download the suggested .ddl file, but the system tells me that I already have the same file installed. Moreover (if I skip the .NET Framework installation) REX4 won't complete the installation because of the .cab file broken. (This is also pointed out by my 7Zip program when I extract the files). I downloaded 6 times from Flightsimstore and 1 time from FS Pilot Shop (another buddy wanted to buy it, and I suggested to try with FS Pilot Shop), but got the same result. Tried to unzip with Winzip and Winrar, and to download with freeware and payware download managers. I am a bit frustrated right now. Any help greatly appreciated.

Post your issue  at rexe forum first you need to post your order details  so you can get verified

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What the heck.. we shouldn't be replacing 'system' files form other sources.. that dll is the same one that causes the crashes that we put the old on in the fsx folder for. 

I just grabbed this at the fspilot Easter sale.. and kind of upset to have to go through this crap!

Update, saw the .NET 4.5 installer in the setup folder and ran it separately and it seemed to install ok.. Regular setup is running now.. still ###### off that I should've been flying hours ago (time off is a precious commodity - that includes the wifey being ok with it!)