Sign in to follow this  
Longranger

Stewart is ready

Cripes, when did the GTX580 become old? I only have the 570 and it does a great job with BF4.

Anyway the scenery looks cool but XP needs to come out with big airports I think if they really want to draw the crowds in. This airport would be plenty fine if there were already an Orbx type area in this region.

For me there's just no way I'd have any reason to fly to Stewart. It's just not in an area I would fly.

Still the airport looks very well done and maybe the devs will do another airport close by (then I could make a Point A to B type flight).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted at the screenshots forum, clic on the picture to go there:

Carenado_C185F_v10_73.jpg

I know.......that I certainly like, what I see in the pic. It's my type of flying...

I know.......that I certainly like, what I see in the pic. It's my type of flying...

Thanks !

Just don't fly like I did there:

Carenado_C185F_v10_276.jpg

:lol:

For me there's just no way I'd have any reason to fly to Stewart. It's just not in an area I would fly.

Still the airport looks very well done and maybe the devs will do another airport close by (then I could make a Point A to B type flight).

Well, you don't even have to wait for a Point B. Stewart is in the middle of Tom Curtis Inner Passage, Final Frontier and Canadian Rockies Sceneries.

These Add-ons already made this area to a very attractive location for VFR flights in X-Plane 10. From Vancoouver to Juneau (it doesn't reach Anchorage), Calgary and Yellowknife there are many airports included. These airports are no longer top of the line but at least they offered good points of operation in a very beautiful scenery which was improved with HD Mesh and HD Mesh 2. If you consider these things this airport makes sense.

Well, with the HD Mesh and either some of the Tom Curtis airports (already mentioned; and SOME of them still look decent when you set texture resolution to extreme) or some of the excellent freeware for the wider area, CZST was a good choice. In fact, the whole area (Pacific Northwest ... British Columbia, Alaska) is the area where I fly most of the time, because there is no place in the XP world with more scenery available.

To reach CZST, you could for example start in Prince Rupert; CYPR is one of Tom Curtis' better sceneries with lots of nice landmarks, and the distance to CZST is only 100 nm.

Of course more airports of the CZST quality would be nice :)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I did not know about the other scenery. Thanks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm hoping this developer does some more airports around the PNW. This was my favourite area to fly in FSX

I don't own this yet, but decided to download the mesh and take a look at the area, but noticed that some of the mountain area have  graphical gaps that you can see thru to the other side. Wonder am I alone?

Well picked it up and have to say even though it's way out of my normal area of operations, I'm enjoying the scenery and have to say the detail in the town is amazing, I see they also enhanced a fairly large area surrounding CZST. I really hope they flesh out the rest of the area as I have a favorite new GA spot, just wish there were more navaids up there. I'm looking at the Inside Passage payware now.

I don't own this yet, but decided to download the mesh and take a look at the area, but noticed that some of the mountain area have  graphical gaps that you can see thru to the other side. Wonder am I alone?

Such graphical gaps occur at the borders between HD mesh and standard resolution mesh and can't be avoided.

Make sure that you have installed all available HD meshes for a given region to minimize the effect.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Such graphical gaps occur at the borders between HD mesh and standard resolution mesh and can't be avoided.

Make sure that you have installed all available HD meshes for a given region to minimize the effect.

Now that I think about it, I believe it was near the mesh border. IIRC Stewart is near one of the borders.

Beautiful Job on the videos!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick