Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone ever seen this problem? This shot was taken above Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station in South Carolina. I have recently installed Ultimate Terrain USA and I am using the freeware FS Genesis mesh for the east coast. I thought this was the only location this occured in, but I also noticed it in an area in Louisiana on a flight today. Am I missing some ground texture or something? I am also using MAIW for Beaufort MCAS. Thanks.

Edited by Jeff H
Image deleted for weight. Screenshots may be no larger than 400 kb. Please see AVSIM's screen shot policies for future reference.

Am I missing some ground texture or something?

My first thought is that it is simply a scenery layering problem. Make sure UT USA is layered ( in the FS9 GUI Setting / Scenery Library ) way done the list - mine is set right below the city photo real sceneries and that your other scenery is of course near the top of the list in the GUI. If that doesn't help then make sure UT USA installed correctly.

Regards.

Mel

Well, I have my UT way down the list, just above the photoscenery. I moved it beneath as you suggested and it made no difference. I then unchecked all of my addon scenery besides UT and the MAIW stuff, and that cleared up the problem, so it must be one of my add-ons. The UT and MAIW stuff was working fine. I guess I now have to add them all back one at a time to determine which one it was. The grey polygon was only in an area about a hundred miles across and in that particular location in South Carolina and all other areas that I have seen so far remain normal, it must be some kind of local add-on scenery, landclass or fix that I added. I'll post more when I find out which one is causing it. Thanks a lot, mebull.

OK, it took me all day and about a hundred FS reboots but I found the offending folder/file. It oddly enough came from an add-on called "Atlanta Adjusted Landclass" or "atlutrep.zip" found on Avsim. The strange thing is, the read me says it only is supposed to cover an area about 40 miles from the center of downtown Atlanta, and yet this has caused a large chunk of my scenery to vanish way out in Beaufort, South Carolina. The zip file only contains the one .bgl, if anyone who knows what they are doing wants to take a look at it. I am quite curious as to what caused this. It was the guy's first scenery he ever made. Thanks, Andrew.

Glad you got it fixed. Definitely a conflict between UT USA and the file you mentioned. Thanks fo letting us know what you found.

Regards,

Mel