Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Sim things that made my year

P3Dv2? What is P3Dv2? :unsure: I've not seen anything about that. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I was actually quite pleasantly surprised with REX4. I thought most of the textures in REXE+OD were quite over the top and didn't look right in the sim. I was pretty happy to see that the ones in REX4 are much more natural looking and really do look great in the sim. What's more they reduced the time to install a theme down to a few seconds.

Thumbs up from me.

I agree about REX4.  The new textures look wonderful, and the speed in which it installs them will make it fun to use and play around with.  However, it's too late in the year to have had enough of an impact on my 2013 simming.  I expect though that it will be one of my top favorites for 2014.

In regards to P3Dv2, after some excitement and then some disappointment, it couldn't quite make my list.  I do expect that it will feature largely on my list next December however!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Apart from those already mentioned have to say that Aivlasoft efb and vatsim tought me how to Fly tubeliners along with pfpx later on.

However I'm now into military jets and have to say that Dino and his freeware amazing jets as well as the freeware Nimitz, AI carriers 2 and TACPACK are transformational.

However two big mentions must go to lotus simulations and the l-39 which is becoming one of my favourite aircraft along with a2a and sim skunk work aircraft.

For my part I'd say that Profesional Flight Planner X (PFPX) sits quite high on the top list of 2013. Opus X also changed my affinity for other weather programs, although Active Sky Next has got me back to Hifi for now :)

In the "anticipated in 2014" is the long awaited PMDG 747 V2! I cant wait for it to release :)

I anticipate that I will be porting over to P3D when PMDG licensing allows it.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I think the only substantial 'game changer' is P3DV2. However, my most important 2013 add-ons would be;

A2A Cessna 172

Orbx Global

Opus weather

And I must mention two superb freeware aircraft... the Nord Noratlas by Jean-Francois Martin and Gilbert Millas, and Manfred Jahns new C-47 Version 2. Two absolute gems, for free.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Of course I cant choose our own products, but from my own personal sim POV it would be FTX Global for me I think. As Ron mentioned, being able to venture anywhere in the world and have beautiful terrain is great fun. Also makes RTW flights lots and lots of fun!

Lewis - A2A Simulations

- Everything that has happened to X-Plane 10, after 10.25, and will be joined by yet new goodies in 10.30

- A320 NEO for X-Plane 10

- FSX DX10 Fixer

- PMDG 777

- Majestic Q400

- FTX Global

- A2A's C172

- RealAir's Duke v2

Last, but certainly not least - The IL2 BOS alfa / beta...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You know if we are talking "game changer" then 2013 is the year that X-Plane really started making its presence felt...

I'm hoping that 2014 will see the release of a weather injector for XP10 of the same calibre as ASN or Opus.

Last, but certainly not least - The IL2 BOS alfa / beta...

Very true. That one is coming along very nicely. I'm glad I stumped up the cash for the premium pre-order. The news of DCS:WW2 was also very welcome - although rather cautiously by me.

- FSX DX10 Fixer

- FTX Global

- PMDG 777

- Majestic Dash 8

Its been a good year for FSX, a lot of things have changed the sim for the better - although I might be moving to P3D V2 soon, I hope 2014 brings another great batch of superb add ons! 

For me it was installing FSX and getting back into the hobby after 10 years or so. Looking forward to 2014 and a new rig.