Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

FTX: Global VECTOR Released

Sorry I didn't read the product page but vector is coasts and stuff right? Land class is basically where texture are put? Thats why UTX does a good job of cities right?

Regards, Lee

Correct, vector data tells the sim where to place roads, shorelines, rivers, etc. LC tells it what type of texture belongs where, for instance there should be beach here, town here, city hear, and farmland here.

If you do that you'll lose the updated land class it provides, which gap Orbx won't fill until they release Open LC. 

A better solution is to decheck  UTX vector sceneries (Roads, Railroads, etc) leave the land class options active,  Then you should have the best of both worlds. At least until OpenLC is available to replace UTX LC.

Cheers thanks Tom

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Anticipating positive reviews before I go about uninstalling UTX.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Would be very interested in knowing how much vector improves upon ftx global. The price tag seems awfully steep after having shelled out all that money for ftx global. Would also really like to know how the product impacts performance/vas usage in comparison to ftx global itself. I really hate the appearance of roads in global. 

Then again the price might be worth it just for the elevation fixes.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I'm away for Xmas with the family, but unless reports come in by early adopters that there are major issues, I'll be pulling out the credit card as soon as I get home. There's quite a few places that I can think of in my FSX installation that'll be much improved by this. My flying is about to get a bit more 'global'!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Then again the price might be worth it just for the elevation fixes.

I never really had issues with elevation. Maybe I am just lucky, but I didn't even know it was an issue. In any event the price wouldn't be worth it to me for that. I guess if I did a lot of low level vfr flights the vector data would be much more important. I'm willing to keep an open mind though and see what the results are. I picked up central rockies and kjac/kbzn and I was very very happy with the results. 

Correct, vector data tells the sim where to place roads, shorelines, rivers, etc. LC tells it what type of texture belongs where, for instance there should be beach here, town here, city hear, and farmland here.

Thanks!

Regards, Lee

Anybody else having an issue accessing flightsimstore.com. My browser just opens a blank page.

I can access my account on the website but not the product page.

Sean Green

Nice to have properly located roads with traffic....  but now, FTX Open LC is even more needed to prevent having highways in the middle of buildings.. :lol: 

355365FTX.jpg

too much, too soon....

Nice to have properly located roads with traffic.... but now, FTX Open LC is even more needed to prevent having highways in the middle of buildings.. :lol:

You're still likely going to get that effect with Open LC; that product will simply tell FSX to draw what texture where, within the limits of the FSX land class grid, which is really quite coarse. Will do nothing to prevent a city texture from being displayed under a road network if the data being used says that there should be city there.

Of course, the example you've shown is quite severe!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

After some tests I have to say that FTX Vector is pretty hard on my system in dense areas...   flew above Paris and the sim was unflyable due to low fps and eventually CTD.... I remember experiencing  same things with UT....

Otherwise I have good performance in FSX....  i7 2700 @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 780 3MB....

too much, too soon....

I find it an interesting post, what Allen posted on Simforums: he basically says that UTX is more complete and precise, due to better data (OSM vs commercial GPS data) and that UTX has been hand-crafted for years now, and many anomalies fixed by hand, which, he guesses, will reappear in FTX vector. I know only that I reported 2-3 errors within UTX and all were fixed quite promptly in the next update.

I just think it makes sense.