Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

ATC options?

With the disappointing news, at least last time I checked, that it will be a long time, to never that RC5 will not be released (please correct me if there is more recent news) I was wondering what newer options there were as far as ATC goes? I've tried pro atc x, and it seemed like there was just one voice for an entire world of aircraft, surely you could have found one other friend or something to make it a little bit more believeable? RC4 doesn't have hundreds of voices or anything, but at least it rarely sounds like one guy talking to himself. Is there anything else out there that is eitehr complete or still in development that would be worth it?

VoxAtc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No ATC is perfect, which is why flying online using something like vatsim is the best. There is a free trial of voxatc, so you can try it out and see if it meets your needs. 

I have just completed my 7 day free trial of VOXATC and have now purchased it. I have used RC4 for a few years and have moved on for the same reason as you are now looking.

From reading up on online ATC, it sounds like VOXATC is the closest thing to it and as far as correct procedures and ATC phraseology is concerned, it is very good. The one little downside for me is that the TTS voices that really add to the realism are a little expensive, but you can accumulate them over time and the 4 additional free VOXPOP voices you get are pretty good for free.

As far as PRO ATX is concerned, I'm not going there.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Dragonmount, like you said, I'm reading the post for the same reasons you posted.  Besides trying something new, what motivated you to purchase VOXATC?  What do you see as an improvement over RC4?  I've also used RC since the beginning and nothing else.  Also used VATSIM, plus I'm also a pilot in the real world.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Honestly, I tried VATSIM for the first time yesterday. Nervous as all hell, but I'll be damned if it wasn't the most fantastic, immersive flight I've ever had in the 7 years I've simmed. I'm now completely hooked! :P

Aamir Thacker

I paid for and still use VOXATC.  I wish there was a better way to deal with the flight plans.  I have to exit the sim, restart, create new flight plan for each flight.  The default voices are OK, a lot better than the stock ATC.  Also, when flying VFR, you need a flight plan loaded also.  Be nice to take off and head out to practice a few stalls and etc without a flight plan....

I paid for and still use VOXATC.  I wish there was a better way to deal with the flight plans.  I have to exit the sim, restart, create new flight plan for each flight.  The default voices are OK, a lot better than the stock ATC.  Also, when flying VFR, you need a flight plan loaded also.  Be nice to take off and head out to practice a few stalls and etc without a flight plan....

When flying vfr I just use the default atc as I think it is best for that. 

Also, when flying VFR, you need a flight plan loaded also.  Be nice to take off and head out to practice a few stalls and etc without a flight plan....

Not a RW pilot, but don't you have to file a flight plan in the RW?

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Flight plans are optional for VFR flight in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eddie
KABQ

Yeah, it's a real shame RC5 is dead. ProATC-X had hope until the devs abandoned it. At one point, they were updating it on a regular basis. Now I haven't heard or seen anything from them in months. The only thing they've developed, as far as I can tell, is an empty promise.

Perhaps I'll give VOX a try.

Disappointing that Lockheed Martin have not improved ATC. Although I don't have P3D. ProAtc/X  is not in a fit state to purchase at the moment but an update... YAWN :mad:...  is promised to make it fully functional (interaction with AI plus many bug fixes) 

I've tried them all and as we know the only realistic one is Vatsim or other on line. Now I don't worry too much about it now as I prefer to put my energy into non GPS/FMC navigation and then call up my destination on default atc. (another thing you cannot do on ProAtc at the moment.

Disappointing that Lockheed Martin have not improved ATC.

It is too bad, but I wouldn't put it all on the shoulders of Lockheed Martin.  When FSX was being developed, the ACES team asked folks what they wanted to see in FSX, and by what I believe was an overwhelming majority, improved ATC was number one on the hit parade.  As P3D is intended primarily as a flight training tool, I think there are a lot of other areas that they would want to focus on before the ATC.  I can also see where it would be quite costly to improve it to the level everyone wants, when you factor in voice actors and re-coding the ATC engine.  A few developers have tried to improve things and their efforts are laudable, but as we all know, the results have often fallen short of expectations, so my guess is that it's far from a simple task.

Cheers.  :smile:

I did the trial for VoxATC. I found it disappointing. The way the engine manages the AI traffic especially disappointed me. When I had FSC9 open tracking my flights I would always notice that AI traffic was always spawned behind me, never in front of me. This was a real immersion killer. I know I can turn off the god's eye monitor, but that doesn't change this.

RC never had that problem for me, I still see a good mix of AI flights all around me. As I understand it thats because RC doesn't populate the AI craft, it just controls whatever FSX brings into existence, I believe. VoxATC has its own separate means of populating AI aircraft and for me it was a deal breaker. Trial ended, I uninstalled. Stuck with RC.

In the end my desire for better ATC lead me to VATSIM. Only solution on the horizon for me.