Sign in to follow this  
SeanBH

Asus AMDA00 Interface....How To Delete?

I upgraded my system with a  i7-4770K CPU and Asus Maximus VI Formula MOBO on Dec 14th, and am finally getting to the final stages of resolving the last of the Event errors plaguing my system. When I re-installed Win8Pro64, I used the MOBO disk to load all the ancillary drivers and such, and happened to also load AI Suite III, which was a total mistake that I didn't remember that from my earlier days. I have run the Asus AISuite3 uninstaller, but can't seen to get one last crumb gone: the AMDA00 interface. With little to go on Google-wise, I see that it is related to AISuite3, and some comments simply advise to delete it. But it's the proverbial boomerang- it just installs itself again, then generates Event Viewer messages that WUDFRd can't load the driver.. I suspect from the lack of web content that this is a fairly new issue, although I did find some references to AISuite2.

Trying to use Asus' Forum to interact is just a horrible waste of time- I can't even get the website to let me type a post. I love their products, but their website skills are completely left to be desired.

Has anyone run into this? How did you fix [trash] it?

Thanks!

Sean

Has anyone run into this? How did you fix [trash] it?

I have not run into that particular interface but I found it impossible to completely impossible to remove ASUS Suite III and you are right, there is no help on their forums. However, since we are not the only ones having problems, some guy came up with a cleaner program that you run after you uninstall (or think you have uninstalled) ASUS Suite III - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34503-AI-Suite-III-Cleaner . This works in cleaning Suite II too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim!

Thanks for the info...I have run the cleaner program, and AMDA00 still won't go away. I only get the error once after booting, so it appears that error is just a boot timing/driver load issue. But it's one of the few remaining errors I'd like to get rid of!

Just for kicks, I tried downloading the Cleaner again, and I don't know what's different than before, but now my Norton 360 desparately HATES that file....it's deleted it twice. Malwarebytes didn't have any problem with a single scan, but N360 won't let me do anything with it.

I think I'll try to look some more for problems with this.....thanks again!

Sean

I have run the cleaner program, and AMDA00 still won't go away.

I was hoping it would work and think the only way you can get rid of the error is to reinstall Windows (ugh!) as Windows will not allow you to delete the entry from the Registry.  I suppose you could also reinstall the ASUS Suite III too and leave it installed (more ugh!).  It's amazing this guy "Raja" from ASUS Republic of Gamers is recommending the cleaner.  What about ASUS coming up with a better uninstall program, like one that works properly.  I have a similar issue where my event viewer is saying The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.  A look in the registry and it belongs to ASUS.  I think this is one of the major problems with ASUS software.  They are hard to install, they are hard to update, they are hard to uninstall, and they don't uninstall completely.  They provide little or no instructions on how to update ASUS Suite III or II or I. I'm thinking I'll reinstall ASUS Suite III and leave it installed until I have a reason to reinstall the OS. 

While I was typing this response, I was just looking at my Event Viewer as I decided to try to run the cleaner in Safe Boot (I turn on Safe Boot by typing msconfig in the Run command and then turning it on under the boot tab).  Nothing happened when I ran the cleaner so figured it failed but just looking at the Event Viewer after I restarted my computer in normal startup and the error no longer shows up.  Can it be?  Try that and see if it works for you too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just took a nap, started up the system and the error is back in the Event Viewer.  No joy!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I have run the cleaner program, and AMDA00 still won't go away.

I found more info about your error and my error too - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34320-Asus-Z87-Pro-AMDA00-Interface-driver....  Just wanted to pass it on in case you did not see it.  I also saw info on how to install updated versions of ASUS Suite III which I found interesting - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39704-6-AI-Suite-III-Tips-That-Will-Save-Your-Life!.  Very convoluted but evidently it works.  I may try and install the updated version of ASUS Suite III and see if it's any better than the original version.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM