Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Confusion with FS GEnesis Terrain Mesh

That only leaves us with 2 bits to represent the fraction, which can represent 4 possible values, so M=4 and the resolution is 1/M = 1/4 = 0.25.

Brainiacs make my jaw wobble and my ears blush. Minutes later I get a case of explosive gas and remember my math classes required for my EE. I then remember why I got into business development and marketing. Thanks for the memories Barry. :ph34r:

Brainiacs make my jaw wobble and my ears blush. Minutes later I get a case of explosive gas and remember my math classes required for my EE. I then remember why I got into business development and marketing. Thanks for the memories Barry. :ph34r:

And with no disrespect meant, you're the PERFECT customer for the drivel that's written above! See, if I hook up the hydrologator to the influx capacitor on the whizzbanger preprocessor it will make my mesh turn out better than anything ever seen!!! And for that the cost, today only, is ...

And since people know little about mesh, it sells well!

Ummm ya. So which is better, Pilots stuff or FSG?

It all comes out of the same source. I've been (<--- past tense) a customer of both and that's why I make my own. Any more, you're just as well to look for the free mesh that covers most all the world.

remember my math classes required for my EE

Tom, I did those classes too. Lots of all-nighters. I'm happy to forget those days (and nights). LOL

So which is better, Pilots stuff or FSG?

I have a lot of Justin's mesh and it's great, but I'm finding the new FSG site confusing and opaque. If I was starting again today I'd go with Pilot's, at least they are trying to explain something about what source data they are using and something about how they process it.

Barry Friedman

Clear as mud Barry :lol:

I had no problem following the explanation, but then I've been accused of being a bit of a 'nerd and therefore weird by default,' so maybe that's why...  :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And with no disrespect meant, you're the PERFECT customer for the drivel that's written above!

Whether you preface your response with "no disrespect meant" or not, implying that I am too stupid to understand anything more than "drivel" and make decisions based upon my assumed ignorance IS disrespectful. Do that again and you and I are going to have a very short private conversation.

Meshman decided to quit AVSIM and remove his files from the library. And again called me stupid. We have done as he has requested.

• Upvote 2

Good Lord,  people are surely sensitive.  

It's a simulation,  for crying out loud,  and a pretty dang good one, IMHO.  But, it is not reality!  It's a toy, in the final analysis,  something to have fun with,  not something to get one's pantyhose in a knot over!

Jeez.

I "was" an avid FSGenesis customer for many years with a Galaxy Membership as well. Given the decision  by their new owners to no longer honor this purchase plus their ever confusing website ( you never know what your buying) I no longer deal with them.

It's a shame given the excellent service we received before they became more interested in profit rather than quality products and customer loyalty. IMHO