Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

What were your longest / long haul flights in X-Plane 10?

"Only" 5 hours, back in my XP9 times with the MU2 from EDDN (Nuremberg) to LCLK (Larnaca, Cyprus) - without time compression, without autopilot, without sleeping in between, etc..

And although there were no buildings at the airport :P in LCLK, it was a very satisfactory flight, as I did it myself all the time and not the autopilot ...

Should I try to simulate the record flight by Klaus Ohlmann in a glider in the Andes (3008 km, 15 hrs)? No ... I don't think so :lol:.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Should I try to simulate the record flight by Klaus Ohlmann in a glider in the Andes (3008 km, 15 hrs)? No ... I don't think so :lol:.

That's exactly what I would like to challenge you to do, online, one of these days :-)

A speed 750 km triangle!!!!

Do you have Condorsoaring? Silent Wings?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That's exactly what I would like to challenge you to do, online, one of these days :-)

Do you have the Metar of February 3, 2003 (date of the record flight) at hand? :lol:

Do you have Condorsoaring? Silent Wings?

Condorsoaring. But I didn't use it since 3 (or even more) years ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Do you have the Metar of February 3, 2003 (date of the record flight) at hand? :lol:

Condorsoaring. But I didn't use it since 3 (or even more) years ...

Nope, but I could try to get the various charts for that date :-)

Status: ratified - current record Region: World Class: D (Gliding) Sub-Class: DO (Open Class Gliders) Category: General Group: Not applicable Type of record: Free distance using up to 3 turn points Performance: 3 009 km Date: 2003-01-21 Course/Location: Chapelco, Airport of San Martin de los Andes (Argentina) Claimant Klaus Ohlmann (GER) Glider: Schempp-Hirth Nimbus 4 DM   (DKAHG)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Not a glider, but almost as beautiful as one :-)

I m getting ready for a long haul, LPPT - KLAX, on my new SSG 747-8 :-)

This freeware LPPT is simply AMAZING!

Weather looking pretty much like out of the window of my office at LPPT - courtesy of Sky Maxx Pro v1.2

post-257741-0-87139600-1388224035.jpg
post-257741-0-10478900-1388224049.jpg
post-257741-0-55644900-1388224066.jpg

Main Simulation Rig:

Weather looking pretty much like out of the window of my office at LPPT - courtesy of Sky Maxx Pro v1.2

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif SSG_B748-I_2.JPG

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif SSG_B748-I_1.JPG

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif SSG_B748-I_3.JPG

Oh, you've purchased the SSG 747? What do you think about it? Is it worth getting? I must say that it has grown on me a bit.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy. Every. Tubeliner. I. See.. :-D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

My Longest Flight  was from  LTBA-KJFK in FSX with 737, 2-3 years ago (tweaked to 777 Stats (Range and Fuel Consumption and Speed) since there were no good & ez to install 777 present for FSX).

It was the first stage of my World Tour Project in which i flew hundreds of airports around the world. Rules were simple,
- Fly every location in a continent before proceeding another. (even flew to Falkland Islands :D )

- Check every country for popular airports, if more than one fly both. Ex :  From Venezuela to Colombia then return to Venezuela etc.

- Fly more than 1 point in huge countries. Like (New York, Miami, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, Seatle and 1-2 more in USA)

- Always use real time, since i am from Turkey most of the flight in America continent was day instead of night :D

- Shortest Flight must be 1 hour.

So i started, from LTBA to KJFK  11 hours 40 minutes total flight time, from gate to gate. It was a sunny warm sunday. :D   world tour ended after 2.5 3 years time. Those were amateur flight siminnig times since i was using default 737 in FSX, now in the near future i am coming for X-plane for my next sim. restart my sim education and learn better then another world tour :D  with real 777. 

First, you need to provide some feedback on the 748 as that cockpit pic is the best I've seen it look, I'm tempted now as I love the Queen, but leaning toward filling out my hangar with an Airbus..

KORD to PANC, using flight factor 757 and route planned using VroutePremium and fuel planner.com. ATC was provided by the default, yes I actually wanted to use the default. I can't fly a tubeliner without some kind of atc.

Hi guys,

unfortunatelly today was another  "forget about it" day :-(

My X52Pro crashed, for good, exactly when I was taxiing the 747-8 to rw 03 - LPPT .... It's unbelievable - I never had such a problem with a joystick...

Between many things to do appart from the usual simmer life, I tried to find out what might have gone wrong with the joystick, but so far, after many tries, nothing :-/

What I can say, regarding the flight preparation phase, and actually taking it from cold & dark, is that this 747 looks very good!

There are glitches, of course, but the aircraft is under development and patches are expected - nothing serious so far.

Graphically I am satisfied. I will take some time tomorrow, since I can't fly, to read the manuals. It comes with an introductory flight and a sort of FCOM, named "Advanced FCOM" that users should read to get familiar with the implementation choices for the various systems and functionalities.

I will try to give more feedback, but as long as I don not have a fix for my X52, I will not be able to use the sims ....

Well...

Main Simulation Rig:

You guys actually fly the real hours of your long haul flight without simulating faster? Or there is no such option in XPX?

i never use acceleration. :D only used acceleration while i was adjusting  my default FSX 737 stats to transform it to a T7 :P

In XPX you can also use simulation acceleration / time compression throught the default Key combination CTRL-T

How much you will be able to achieve depends on how you have set the number of FMs per frame, under Settings / Opperations & Warnings and on your rig...

Here's a few more pics of my flight, shorter than I had wanted to, but no time today ofr a long haul... ( LPPT - EGLL ). And, BTW, I am really enjoying this "bird" :-)

post-257741-0-33426900-1388320641.jpg

post-257741-0-95248400-1388320687.jpg

post-257741-0-20118400-1388320713.jpg

post-257741-0-41666900-1388320732.jpg

Main Simulation Rig:

Ok, today is Africa day!

I'm taking my 747-8i from Cape Town International ( FACT) to Lisbon (LLPT). Using Mesh v2, and the SimHeaven OSM sceberies.... It's going to take a long way... It's now 14:13Z, with an ETA of 23:25Z !

post-257741-0-13144400-1388585766.jpg

post-257741-0-33753600-1388585772.jpg

Main Simulation Rig: