Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

P3Dv2 + ORBX FTX Global Vector, first impressions?

Honestly, the GA flight sim experience is so improved by this combination of add-ons, that I can't imagine anything else competing with it for realism.

Please post some screenshots!

Sascha

Hi,

Just got done setting up my friends computer. All-in-All he is very happy (All Seasons Look Good) with FS Global Ultimate "The Americas", FS Global Base Pack and FS Global Vectors. His one complaint now that the roads are fixed are elevated airports such as Aspen.

I think I like the combo myself... Although, I'm not ready to pull the trigger on both just yet. But I'm thinking about it.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have posted questions about Opus in their forum (on AVSIM) here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431039-opus-34-and-p3dv2-questions/, but would love to hear your feedback on it.  Very interested in the Live View and what that is about.

Thanks, Rob.

Rob,

I really don't use Live View (probably because I have a TrackIR), but it allows you to create custom views and save them (EzDok-like). My assessment of OPUSFSX features, in order from most useful to least useful are 1. Weather injection, 2. Weather Maps, 3. TrackIR control including turbulence, vibration etc., 3. Live Camera and 4. Buttkicker interface. But that's just personal preference.

Here's a video that shows the Live Cameras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rasc_36PcFA

Please post some screenshots!

Sascha

There are screenshots in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430420-p3dv2-orbx-ftx-global-vector-first-impressions/?p=2892019

and also on the ORBX official message boards:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70735-ftx-global-vector-trailer-3-p3d-20/

I really don't use Live View (probably because I have a TrackIR), but it allows you to create custom views and save them (EzDok-like).

Thanks for the feedback ... I'm trying to find more information on Live View, it seems to require two or more installs of either FSX or P3DV2 ... then it synchs the installs using one master PC and the others as the slave PCs and the slave PC  -- using SimConnect data to drive the slave computer's flight in real time with whatever view I want to display?  Does that sound about right?  Interesting concept (pretty cool if I'm understanding it right) ... of course the downside for say a 3 monitor setup is 3 computers (all of which will need to be powerful computers) ... but it's a good way to keep the frame rates high over what could be a VERY large resolution set (say three 30" monitors/PCs all running 2560 x 1600 give an effective unified screen size of 7680 x 4800) -- if I'm understanding "Live View" correctly (which I may not be).

Hi,

Anyone using FSGenesis or SceneryTech Land Class with FS Global Ultimate "The Americas", FS Global Base Pack and FS Global Vectors?.

If so, your thoughts please

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Interesting bit of information for users of Vector in P3D 2.0: there seem to be a lot of black patches in the scenery when you use Vector with P3D 2.0, specially during summer and fall. Orbx and Pilot's officially announced that since those black patches can not be seen in FSX, it is a P3D 2.0 problem and they have notified LM asking them to fix it: Pilot's and Orbx won't do anything about it. It's officialy NOT a Vector problem.

So here we go again... should the addon developer make their product P3D compatible or should LM do that...?

That doesn't make any sense as they are two different programs. Orbx should make their product compatible with Prepar3d.

I think the answer is very simple. Orbx claims that global vector is P3D compatible, so therefore it should be P3D compatible. This is what they told us and this is what we paid for. But when it turns out that there are major issues they point fingers to LM just because LM does things differently than FSX. Well, guess what, they're two different programs. We as the paying end users should not have to care if the developer has to do things differently for FSX or P3D. If they claim that they support both, they should support both. If however a developer would claim support for only one platform, that's fair enough and we are on our own, and we may for example have to rely on LM's best effort to make P3D as FSX compatible as possible. This is a completely different scenario though.

Interesting thread as I am considering getting FTX Global Vector to go along with FTX Global. I am already using FS Global Ultimate for my meshes, so is there any reason why I need or should get FS Global 2010 FTX Edition? This is really starting to get confusing.

Here's my understanding of the products:

Texture - FTX Global

Vector - FTX Global Vector (This one is obvious)

Mesh - FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

Mesh - FS Global Ultimate

There are 2 mesh add-ons, which would give me the best results? I'm assuming FS Global Ultimate, since that's the latest one, but then I hear about a version specific to be used with FTX Global Vector which is FS Global 2010 FTX Edition. Could someone please clear this up for me, thanks.

and btw, Rob or anyone, could you guys please show me how to fix the road skirting issues. Is this a long process? Or does a simple edit fix the entire world?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Araon,

My friend has the following and is happy with the results. FS Global Base, FS Global Ultimate, FS Global Vector, he is also using SceneryTech's Land Class.

The only complaints he has is with Airport Plateaus (same plateaus exist in FS Global 2010) and one other thing, don't remember at the moment.

As far as the roads, you'll have to edit your terrain.cfg file. Located in Prepar3D's main folder. Make sure to make a backup, just in case.

1. Find the entries with "OrbX Custom Vectors / Custom Roads / Motorway and Skirting.

2. Change "StripWidthMeters" to lower values, I used a 50% reduction on my friends setup.

Examples: Reduce Bold Items to your liking. Also note there are numerous entries that have to be changed, not just these three. These are shown as examples.

// ORBX FTXG_V custom vectors 13 of 91
[Texture.395]
Name=FTXG_V_Road_Divided_Rural_1-Lane_Vectors_Skirting
Color=FFC00000
guid={f456eb90-42eb-4f4a-8f13-467993a288e34}
Textures=FTXG_V_road_divided_rural_2L_skirting_wi.bmp,
StripWidthMeters=15
FlattenMode=none
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=93600
Water=No

// ORBX FTXG_V custom vectors 36 of 91
[Texture.418]
Name=FTXG_V_Road_Urban_2-Lane_Narrow_Vectors_lights_White_Single_80
Color=FFC00000
guid={de5d5dfc-aeb2-1786-8e6e-75632909abd8b}
Textures=FTXG_V_road_urban_2Ln_su.bmp,
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=11
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=21000
VectorAutogen={81F596DE-70CF-DC43-BFCC-6F64A456DB23} (ORBX FTXG_V lights_White_Single_80)
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=121500
Water=No

// ORBX FTXG_V custom vectors 60 of 91
[Texture.442]
Name=FTXG_V_Motorway_4-Lane_Vectors_lights_Yellow_Double_128
Color=FFC00000
guid={b27f13fbf-143d-499d-b656-1b32c509d7a5}
Textures=FTXG_V_road_motorway_4L_su.bmp,FTXG_V_road_motorway_4L_hw.bmp,
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=21000
VectorAutogen={24A157E8-59BA-7748-AB32-7A688036A873} (ORBX FTXG_V lights_Yellow_Double_128)
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=128000
Water=No

Interesting thread as I am considering getting FTX Global Vector to go along with FTX Global. I am already using FS Global Ultimate for my meshes, so is there any reason why I need or should get FS Global 2010 FTX Edition? This is really starting to get confusing.

Here's my understanding of the products:

Texture - FTX Global

Vector - FTX Global Vector (This one is obvious)

Mesh - FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

Mesh - FS Global Ultimate

There are 2 mesh add-ons, which would give me the best results? I'm assuming FS Global Ultimate, since that's the latest one, but then I hear about a version specific to be used with FTX Global Vector which is FS Global 2010 FTX Edition. Could someone please clear this up for me, thanks.

and btw, Rob or anyone, could you guys please show me how to fix the road skirting issues. Is this a long process? Or does a simple edit fix the entire world?

• Upvote 1

There are 2 mesh add-ons, which would give me the best results?

Ultimate must be purchased by geographic region. It has somewhat more resolution than 2010, which covers the entire globe. Presently, 2010 is the only product that has a triple installer (FSX, P3d1 and P3d2). I have FS Global 2010 and it works fine with Vector:

http://www.fly2pilots.com/cms/wv.aspx

Michael thanks for the detailed explanation on how to change the road width. 

jabloom, I think theres a triple installer that has been released for FS Global Ultimate as well and that will install it into P3D v2. But I'm wondering which one would give me better results graphically between the 2 add-ons. FS Global 2010 FTX edition is clearly optimized to be run in conjunction with FTX Global+FTX Global Vector, and I'm curious to know what those optimizations are so that I can compare between the 2 mesh add-ons. I think FS Global Ultimate has higher quality meshes.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

There's indeed a triple Ultimate installer available from Pilot's Website after registration. I used it and it works, with the additional advantage of making use of the 100 GB of data I already installed for Prepar3d1.4 previously.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Anyone tried out FTX Global Vector in P3Dv2 yet?

Yeah, I just did, and I feel ripped off…

I totally lost all my Kentucky State roads and especially my rural roads where I live.. in the sticks…

UTX USA even showed me that dirt road in front of my house...

As far as I know the only product that can do that or offers that kind of granularity is UTX USA...

Going back to the store and asking for a refund and chastising OrbX for leading me on with global vector!

...Roads! My butt!...not in Kentucky!

Chas

...It's coming off my machine as soon as I drop off the kids in the morning

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2