Sign in to follow this  
gman1986

Just purchased, few questions on perfromance issues

Hi all and happy holidays

I've recently just puchased th DX10 fixer and I'm very impressed with some aspects of it. I am however having some performance issues related to full-screen mode using complex addon aircraft e.g. PMDG 777X.  When swithcing to full-screen the frames almost halve from around 20 down to 10. Also if I switch a couple of times something weird happens to FS and a loading curser comes up every secong and drops the frames to around 5fps. I have set up Inspector as suggested in the manual and have SSGS set to 2x.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gavin

Gavin Price

Hi Gavin,

Multi monitors is not really an area that dx10sf has any influence over. I do know that there are many people who use three monitors successfully in DX10. There are several threads in the dx10 discussion forum on this topic, in some of which people have described issues similar to yours, yet I haven't yet seen a clear definitive answer. I would suggest you ask there as it is a busier forum and you are more likely to get a helpful response there from someone who is using three monitors.

Thanks for the reply Steve. So you think me using two monitors may be the culprit? When I run in full screen the second monitor is blank and I normally use it to put FMC's and other additional popup panels on, I don't actually use it for a view.

Gavin Price

Yes my impression from reading posts is that when undocking then there can be issues and that care is required. I also know that there are people who say it works fine. I have seen comments that you must undock two panels, and that you must undock before going full screen, that the resolution needs to be the same etc, but I cannot tell you which is actually true or relevant.