Sign in to follow this  
Calzie99

MCP unresponsive to voice 'bugging'/'setting' commands

Hi All!

I usually don't understand the basic terminology of forums so i'll try and keep it simple. I recently bought the FS2Crew version 2.3 for my PMDG 737 600-900 NGX and everything about it is great apart from a tiny problem I have with setting my MCP using voice commands eg"set heading two four eight" or "set altitude two thousand". If you have any ideas on the fix for this problem I would be extremely appreciative.

Regards

Calzie99 

Hi All!

I usually don't understand the basic terminology of forums so i'll try and keep it simple. I recently bought the FS2Crew version 2.3 for my PMDG 737 600-900 NGX and everything about it is great apart from a tiny problem I have with setting my MCP using voice commands eg"set heading two four eight" or "set altitude two thousand". If you have any ideas on the fix for this problem I would be extremely appreciative.

Regards

Calzie99 

Confirm you're using these commands:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=main_instrument_panel

Is the aircraft airborne?  What mode are you in (mode as displayed on the FS2Crew Main Panel).

Do you see the command in the "green bar"?

Confirm you're using these commands:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=main_instrument_panel

Is the aircraft airborne? What mode are you in (mode as displayed on the FS2Crew Main Panel).

Do you see the command in the "green bar"?

yes, all the commands are correct and they display in the green bar but just don't do anything. I'm morally in the initial climb when I begin trying the commands.

yes, all the commands are correct and they display in the green bar but just don't do anything. I'm morally in the initial climb when I begin trying the commands.

What does the Mode say on the FS2Crew window?

Are you running any external hardware that might interfere with the autopilot panel?

Best,

What does the Mode say on the FS2Crew window?

Are you running any external hardware that might interfere with the autopilot panel?

Best,

I believe that my hardware is acceptable as i have just installed fs2crew for the aerosoft airbus X extended and the commands work fine on that version of the platform. Im sorry (I said i wasn't very good at understanding terminology) what do you mean by mode?  

Mode refers the mode as displayed on the FS2Crew Main Panel.  It's the text, such as "Init Climb" etc.

If the Aerosoft Airbus is working fine for you, the NGX should too.

You're positive you're not running any external hardware, such as an external autopilot/MCP panel, that might be taking control over the autopilot panel?

Sorry for being so late, I've fixed the problem now it was because I was set for using the ngx vspeed ect callouts which overrides the fs2crew mode the window said initial climb however didn't actually take out the takeoff role ect because I didn't respond to fs2crew prompts meaning I was always one step behind meaning it wasn't in the correct mode to listen to my mcp altering commands.

thanks for all your help and have a happy new year

Kind regards

Calzie99