Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

A question for real world NG drivers

I'm not more using NGX because I'm not oftn at home, however I remember that you can turn on the cabin lights when the Aircraft is connected to the ground cart, like the ground service. Maybe it is in the light section of the CDU pmdg setup page.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

How common is it to enter a cold and dark cockpit IRL meaning you will not run through all the preflight flows etc?

Hardly ever. The only time I have ever had to do the electrical power up supplementary procedure is when collecting the aircraft from maintenance or in the sim (by sim I mean real training sim, not NGX).

Not sure what you mean by "meaning you will not run through all the preflight flows etc". The premilnary preflight and preflight flows stay the same regardless.

What about at night, when yous are the last flight at night. What do yous do?

If there is no one to hand the aircraft over to, we just shut it down (electrical power down supplementary procedure) and close it up.

Thanks again for all additional information, very interesting information provided!

Up until now I have got used to always start from a cold and dark cockpit using FS2Crew but will do some testing to find out how I best mimic entering a cockpit that is not cold and dark using FS2Crew.

Richard Åsberg