Sign in to follow this  
Fleahead

Need Help Excluding Radio Antennas

I have MegaScenery - Ohio installed. There are three misplaced radio antennas visible near my airport that I am trying to exclude, and then properly place new ones with Instant Scenery. I made an exclude area with SbuilderX, basically excluding everything, and put the bgl in a folder at the top of the Addon Scenery stack. It didn't work. I still see the original antennas. Any suggestions?

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

Is Addon Scenery loading after Megascenery.  Check the scenery list and make sure that Megascenery is not higher in that list than Addon Scenery

my exclude bgl is at the top of the Add On list. I presume that is the highest priority. Megascenery is 6 levels down. Megascenery would not be placing these objects would they? I presumed that they were being placed by the default FSX scenery. Anyway, my SbuilderX exclude file is activated at the top of the add on list.

Closest is probably 2P7, but more than 5 miles away. I've already remade that airport. 

Is this a stock airport or one you made?  If it is stock then let me know which one.  If it is one you made then can you send me the ADE project file (.ad3) so that I can install it and check the area - I only ever work with the vanilla stock FS when testing to eliminate any risk of third party addons.   Send it to jon AT scruffyduck  DOT co DOT uk

Also can you provide a screenshot or similar that identifies where the Antenna are?

Antenna location is about N40° 5.89' x  W80° 51.90'

For some reason I can not upload my modified airport 2P7_ADEX_JM.ad3

I get error message saying I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file, but I am sure the antennas are not placed by any airport scenery. They are too far away. There are antennas are all over the place. If I slide the scenery objects slider all the way left to very sparse, then the antenna are gone, but that's ALL antennas are gone. I'm just trying to kill these 3. Autogen settings has no effect so I know it is not autogen. Somehow Megascenery can exclude all FSX scenery except for antenna and power plants because that is the only scenery that is visible after installing Megascenery. No houses.. trees...ect. I doubt if Megascenery is actually placing these objects. I tried to contact Megascenery support twice, but support must be non existant there, as I've never had any reply.

post-320214-0-50217300-1388509432.jpg

I just sent it to your website email. Wonder why this forum says I am not permitted to upload this kind of file? It's only a few kb in size.

thanks

Thanks I got it.  

Generally forums have a list of acceptable extensions.  .ad3 is not one of them it seems.  zipped up the file would probably be fine.

OK  These are library objects and I got rid of them with ADE.  I will email you are revised file but here is what I did.

• Loaded the ADE project you sent me. 
  • Placed a library object at the coordinates you gave me (anyone will do)  Use manual placement rather than by Drag.  The trick is to slew your user aircraft to the location of the antenna. You can do without the temporary object if you can find them in slew mode without it
  • Started FSX
  • Put it in Slew Mode
  • Connected ADE to FSX
  • Slewed the user aircraft to the leftmost antenna
  • Use ADE - Right Click > Center on Aircraft.  Put a marker for the antenna
  • Slewed to the rightmost antenna and put in another marker
  • Drew an Exclusion Rectangle to cover both markers with a bit to spare - making sure to cover the middle one.  They are pretty much in line
  • Closed FSX
  • Removed my temp object from ADE
  • Compiled the airport
  • Started FSX and the antenna are gone

Gee, I had tried that in ADE, except I used an image overlay (Google Earth), to position the exclude box. Do you suppose my overlay was just that far off? I tried the same thing then, using Sbuilder to position the exclude, again using an image overlay to position the box. I should have tried making the perimeter larger. I must have been just missing the target. 

Anyway, thanks so much for your time!

Excludes have to cover the reference point of the object.  I guess you did miss.  The best way with ADE is to connect it to the sim and use the slew mode.  You can move the aircraft in Sim to a known spot in ADE or center the ADE display on the user aircraft position in sim.